🧑💻 The Role
The Documentation Enablement Specialist plays a critical role in ensuring that NewStore has superlative documentation. This position is essential for ensuring that internal stakeholders are well-equipped and knowledgeable in creating and maintaining high-quality documentation and responding to evolving stakeholder needs. This position can be remote from within one of our key EU locations; Germany, The Netherlands or Portugal.
Our documentation tech stack consists of:
- MDX and OpenAPI
- Cloudflare Pages
- Fully version controlled on GitLab
🚀 What you’ll be doing:
- Empowerment: Enabling and supporting others in their documentation efforts. Ensure that the knowledge and skills required for documentation are distributed throughout the organization.
- Training and Onboarding: Conduct training sessions and onboarding programs for internal stakeholders, imparting best practices in documentation and efficient use of documentation tools.
- Multimedia Content Creation: Provide hands-on support in creating a variety of multimedia content, including diagrams, animations, and videos, to enhance the documentation experience.
- Collaboration and Strategy: Work closely with the Documentation Enablement Lead to stay aligned with evolving documentation strategies and platforms, ensuring that the organization is always at the forefront of documentation practices.
- Content Contribution: Continue to contribute to documentation writing as necessary, maintaining a balance between creating content and enabling others to do so.
- Support and Guidance: Offer continuous support and guidance to internal teams, acting as a go-to expert for documentation-related queries and assistance.
📚 What you’ll bring:
- At least 5 years experience in contributing to technical documents or other technical learning material.
- At least 5 years developing and supporting documentation platforms to be used by internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven track record of being able to facilitate training and onboarding for internal stakeholders on documentation best practices and tool utilization.
- Demonstrated ability to gather and pivot on stakeholder feedback proactively and methodically.
- Ability to provide hands-on support for creating multimedia content such as diagrams, animations, and videos when needed.
- Collaborates with the Enablement Lead to understand evolving documentation strategies and platforms in SaaS businesses and border technology ecosystem.
- Able to contribute to writing when necessary but with a broader focus on enabling the organization to generate content.
- First-hand software experience is a plus
📕 Our Story
At NewStore, we're on a mission to create a seamless, app-based omnichannel experience that will change the game for innovative retail brands. And guess what? We're doing just that, by empowering brands in 40+ countries to run their entire stores on an iPhone, we're paving the way for a brighter future in retail, where shopping is an effortless, enjoyable experience.
At NewStore, our diversity is our greatest strength. Our team comprises over 40 nationalities, fostering a melting pot of unique perspectives, cultural experiences, and innovative ideas.
Join us in our mission to bring the joy back to retail and be part of a team that is breaking down barriers and creating a brighter future.
🔥 Perks and Benefits
- Time off is a priority - with a generous PTO policy and a culture that encourages you to take it, you can enjoy some much-needed R&R
- If you're looking to grow your skills and knowledge, we've got you covered. With a personal development budget and a supportive environment that values learning, you can take your career to new heights.
- Plus, with the option to work fully remote, you have the autonomy to create the work environment that works best for you
- The best part? Our "life-friendly" working hours mean you can have it all - a fulfilling career and a happy life
- And that's not all - as a valued team member, you'll have the opportunity to share in our success with employee stock options and a quarterly bonus based on company goals
If you're ready to join a team where you can bring your A-game, let's talk!