🏢 Who we are
NewStore provides Omnichannel-as-a-Service for retail brands worldwide that want to accelerate their digital transformation. Built for speed and flexibility, NewStore allows brands to easily deliver amazing shopping experiences that store associates and consumers love. Its mobile-first, modular cloud platform includes POS, order management, clienteling, inventory, and native consumer apps. NewStore customers such as Burton, Faherty Brand, G-Star RAW, Marine Layer, Scotch & Soda, UNTUCKit, and Vince benefit from the most complete, global omnichannel retail solution available. The company is backed by General Catalyst, Activant Capital, and Salesforce Ventures. Learn more at www.newstore.com.
🕵️ About the role
NewStore is here to bring back the joy in retail, supporting brands to deliver an extraordinary shopping experience for their customers. We enable retailers to run their shop entirely with an iPhone, giving their associates the power to do extraordinary things through cutting edge technologies.
We are looking for a Support Engineer to join our Services team. The successful candidate will be responsible for handling inbound technical support requests from customers via our support portal, email, and chat. They should have excellent verbal and written communication skills. The position will require a problem-solving mindset to be able to troubleshoot both user-centric issues as well as platform and integration-related technical problems. Over time, you will be considered an expert in the NewStore platform.
In addition to answering customer inquiries, concerns and questions, you will work closely with internal engineering teams. The position reports to the Director of Technical Support. You will be working in a versatile, dynamic work environment together with our clients and the project teams both internally and at solution partners. Your goal is to help to build stable and scalable software based on NewStore that fulfills the needs of our clients. To achieve this you will need to be an expert on how to leverage NewStore core functionality as well as how to implement customizations as needed.
🚀 What you'll do
- Provide exceptional customer service to NewStore customers by providing clear communication, timely response, and proactive solutions
- Research customer issues and articulate technical issues concisely to engineering teams in case of escalation.
- Manage multiple concurrent customer inquiries and be able to prioritize according to severity and customer business impact.
- Educate customers on the technical capabilities of the platform to help them make the most of the NewStore platform and associated apps.
- Write knowledge base articles to enable customer self-help, as well as internal technical articles for fellow engineers.
- Stay abreast of new product features and functionality as they becomes available
🌱 What we value
- You enjoy working with customers
- You have 3+ years experience in professional software development or technical support.
- You hold BS in the field of Computer Science, Engineering or comparable experience
- You have strong analytical, empirical troubleshooting and technical debugging skills.
- You have experience reviewing and debugging code in various programming and scripting languages.
- You have experience with order management & fulfillment business processes, knowledge about the integration of CRM, ERP and financial systems is a plus.
- Strong English language written and verbal communication skills
🔥 Perks and Benefits:
- Excellent health, dental, vision, and disability insurance
- Generous PTO policy (and a culture that encourages you to use it!)
- Paid public holidays and four bonus company-wide holidays
- Cell Phone and internet stipend
- Development budget
- Apple MacBook and accessories
- Remote work flexibility
- “Life-friendly” working hours
- In-office snacks and catered meals
🤗 Everyone is welcome here
At NewStore, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We know that diverse teams make better teams. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
This position is open to applicants who are located and are authorized to work in Australia or Singapore.