🏢 Who we are
NewStore provides Omnichannel-as-a-Service for retail brands worldwide that want to accelerate their digital transformation. Built for speed and flexibility, NewStore allows brands to easily deliver amazing shopping experiences that store associates and consumers love. Its mobile-first, modular cloud platform includes POS, order management, clienteling, inventory, and native consumer apps. NewStore customers such as Burton, Faherty Brand, G-Star RAW, Marine Layer, Scotch & Soda, UNTUCKit, and Vince benefit from the most complete, global omnichannel retail solution available. The company is backed by General Catalyst, Activant Capital, and Salesforce Ventures. Learn more at www.newstore.com.
🕵️ About the role
NewStore is here to bring back the joy in retail, supporting brands to deliver an extraordinary shopping experience for their customers. We enable retailers to run their shop entirely with an iPhone, giving their associates the power to do extraordinary things through cutting-edge technologies.
The NewStore Professional Services team is an experienced customer-facing organization that leads the integration of the NewStore platform into our client’s technical environment. The Engagement Manager plays a key role in the success of our implementations - starting with the sales process and then driving projects to the launch. This role also will be a team leader - responsible for running a group of Solution Architects and Solution Engineers and driving project and team profitability.
🚀 What you'll do
- As a primary contact point for customers, establish a strong and trusted relationship with customers and meet with them in order to define and articulate business requirements as well as a delivery plan for complex solutions that leverage NewStore, existing e-commerce, POS, Order Management, Fulfillment, and ERP solutions, etc.
- Work with Retail teams and associates to plan the best onboarding and store launch strategy
- Emphasize leveraging of NewStore best practices and methodology throughout the project lifecycle
- Empower and manage a team of NewStore Solution Architects and Solution Engineers
- Drive utilization across the team and track important financial metrics, including project profitability.
- Coordinate NewStore resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Manage successful transition between the sales process and project implementation as well as handover into customer operations after launch
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, develop a detailed project plan to track progress, manage changes in project scope, costs, and schedule, measure and report project performance, perform a risk assessment, and manage/minimize project risks
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within the scope, and within budget
- Travel 25-50%
🌱 What we value
- 5 years of Project Management experience, leading and managing complex projects on time, within scope, and to customer business budget objectives
- 3 years of experience managing technical teams and individuals
- A strategic thinker who can anticipate potential challenges related to invisible constraints such as regional/international differences, internal customer motivation, etc
- Retail, POS, and order management industry experience background, working experience in a brand organization as a store associate or product merchandiser strongly preferred
- Good understanding of enterprise processes in the Retail Industry
- Understanding of the financial aspects (profitability and utilization) of a project and practice
- Relationship building and communication at all levels of an organization
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills in English, a second language is a plus
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to interpret business needs and make them accessible to different target groups
- Flexibility in the presence of shifting situations whilst maintaining a cool and assertive posture
- University qualifications in a technical field and an MBA or equivalent work experience
🔥 Perks and Benefits:
- Excellent health, dental, vision, and disability insurance
- Generous PTO policy (and a culture that encourages you to use it!)
- 12 paid holidays and 4 bonus company-wide holidays
- Cell Phone and internet stipend
- Development budget
- Apple MacBook and accessories
- Remote work flexibility
- “Life-friendly” working hours
- In-office snacks and catered meals
- Employee referral program
- Employee stock options
- Employee quarterly bonus
🤗 Everyone is welcome here
At NewStore, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We know that diverse teams make better teams. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
This position is open to applicants who are authorized to work in the United States and located within the Boston area.