NewStore provides Omnichannel-as-a-Service for retail brands worldwide that want to accelerate their digital transformation. Built for speed and flexibility, NewStore allows brands to easily deliver amazing shopping experiences that store associates and consumers love. Its mobile-first, modular cloud platform includes POS, order management, clienteling, inventory, and native consumer apps. NewStore customers such as Burton, Faherty Brand, G-Star RAW, Marine Layer, Scotch & Soda, UNTUCKit, and Vince benefit from the most complete, global omnichannel retail solution available. The company is backed by General Catalyst, Activant Capital, and Salesforce Ventures. Learn more at www.newstore.com.
About the Job
We are currently looking to expand our mobile team with a (out-of-this) world class senior iOS engineer. The mobile team is a small team (<10) consisting of Android and iOS engineers responsible for the core codebases of our mobile apps. To us, chasing details in our apps’ user experience and writing beautiful code is part of who we are. Since we’re maintaining and expanding to our own platform it pays off to go the extra mile to deliver wow to our users and your future self.
All mobile engineers are working in cycles using the Shape Up methodology. This means we use relatively short (6 weeks) periods in which we stay completely focussed on a specific task. During these 6 weeks we are working together with design, backend and QA to deliver new functionality to our platform. After a cycle we’ll “cool down” for 2 weeks to repay our technical debt or work on things that we deem important.
Although we have a beautiful office in Utrecht (The Netherlands), we’ve transitioned to becoming a remote-first company since the beginning of 2020. While a large part of the native consumer app team is based in The Netherlands, we’ve got people working for us from all over Europe. And we put a lot of effort into making everyone feel at home. It’s up to you from where you’ll join us.
What you bring to the table
- A passion for designing, implementing and shipping beautiful user experiences.
- 6+ years of working in software development.
- 4+ years of experience with mobile development on iOS.
- Strong knowledge of Swift and Objective-C.
- Hands-on knowledge of RxSwift, understanding how it works under the hood and best practices around it.
- Experience of using the MVVM architecture in a production environment.
- Experience with using The Composable Architecture, Clean Architecture or a comparable architecture.
- A long-standing habit of continuous learning, applying new technologies, architectures and methodologies to improve the code and engineering organization.
- Applied knowledge of software engineerings’ best practices such as testing, documentation and code reviews.
- The ability to balance the desire to ship code quickly to our customers with the responsibility of making good technical decisions.
- The ability to think on your feet and be able to come up with practical, simple solutions to complex problems.
- A collaborative approach, being open to help team members.
- You played around with SwiftUI and love trying out declarative UI patterns in your work.
- Experience in Android development or interest in learning Java/Kotlin. Since we have a big history of developing two codebases simultaneously it pays off to understand Android code.
- Experience or interest in backend development. Our mobile and backend engineers work closely together and we encourage people to contribute in multiple domains.
- Experience shipping and operating apps at scale to a large number of users, across several geographies and locales.
- Experience in the e-commerce domain.
- Competitive salary depending on skills and experience
- Stock Options for every employee based on role and level
- Internet & Phone budget of €50,- net per month
- Training / Education budget of €2.000,- per year
- 25 annual holidays + 5 flex days
- Employee Referral bonus of €5.000,-
- Work 100% remotely whenever you want for 32-40 hours per week
- You’ll be employed directly at NewStore or through long-term contracting based on your location and personal preferences
If you are employed in the Netherlands:
- Macbook is provided by us
- Pension scheme whereof 70% is paid by us
- Partner/paternity leave of 6 weeks 100% paid
- Daily free lunch prepared by a team of inhouse chefs
- Weekly team drinks
Everyone is welcome here 🤗
At NewStore, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We know that diverse teams make better teams. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
Questions? We'd love to hear from you!
We can only consider candidates who hold a valid EU Passport or Dutch work permit.