NewStore is looking for a passionate Software Engineer to join our Sales Engineering team
based either in Boston, Berlin or remote.
This unique Software Development position gives the right person the opportunity to build
applications in an exciting and truly agile environment. Responsibilities around sales support will
include maintaining and enhancing the demo environment which consists of a Laravel Nova
based admin backend, a TALL stack based E-commerce frontend and a demo version of
NewStore’s mPOS app written in React Native. Additionally you will be building high visibility
customizations and proof of concepts specific to prospect requirements to illustrate the flexibility
and power of the NewStore omni-channel platform.
Within our small team you will conceptualize, architect, implement, test and deploy mobile retail
applications and integrations. We are currently working with PHP/Laravel in the backend,
familiarity with the language or framework is a requirement.
The perfect candidate enjoys rapid prototyping, short iterations and the excitement of supporting
critical sales cycles. Our work is a 50:50 mix of short lived prototypes and long term
maintenance software. This requires you to act fast on feedback from our Sales team,
translating non-technical language into usable software and being able to quickly transition
between different subjects.
● Experience working with PHP, especially the Laravel framework
● Experience working with React (React Native is a plus)
● Advanced understanding of API driven rich client architectures
● Ability to simplify technical topics for non-technical audiences
● Ability to satisfy stakeholder’s requirements today while building for the long term
maintainability of tomorrow
● Thorough understanding of incremental product development as outlined in the Agile
● Experience working with Salesforce Commerce Cloud (formerly known as Demandware)
● Understanding of the Retail and/or eCommerce domain
● Experience working with AWS, especially Lambda, API Gateway, Elasticache (Redis),
SQS, RDS and Cloudfront.
● Ability to read and understand Go and/or Python code