NewStore is the essential omnichannel store solution for global brands. The company delivers Omnichannel-as-a-Service with the first platform combining POS, order management, clienteling, and inventory. Store operations from endless aisle to mobile checkout to fulfillment are possible with just two remarkably intuitive iPhone apps. NewStore customers include brands such as Burton Snowboards, Decathlon, GANNI, Goorin Bros, Outdoor Voices, and UNTUCKit. It is backed by General Catalyst, Activant Capital, and Salesforce Ventures. Learn more at www.newstore.com.
About the Job
Seeking for Staff Engineer for our mobile platform division. NewStore is rapidly expanding our
amazing team and we're looking for (out-of-this) world class IT development and operational
generalists, to contribute to the building of what will soon to be the most engaging mobile
application and Omnichannel platform as a service that the retail stores will use to operate and
run their entire business.
We want people who care passionately when things don't work for customers. Those who hear
that something is impossible and do it anyway. Those who when they have made a mistake and
proudly wear what they have learnt from that experience as a badge of honor. We want people
that can look at a problem from end-to-end, who believes that sharing knowledge with others is
the best way to get ahead, and someone that boldly goes where no man has gone before and
asks the difficult questions (even at the risk of being unpopular).
We’re looking for a strong technical leader who has a passion for building Cloud-based SaaS
infrastructure and the mobile applications it powers. We need someone with experience building
robust mobile applications on iOS and with building out APIs and the supporting cloud
infrastructure to power those apps. As a Staff Engineer - Mobile Platform, you are someone who
can redefine engineering capability and constantly push boundaries. An effective communicator,
a mentor who can think on their feet and be able to come up with practical, simple solutions to
Skills & Responsibilities
In this role, you will define mobile technical strategy across NewStore’s product engineering
organizations and drive priorities such as creating zero-to-one new products functionalities,
re-architecting our mobile app and unlocking industry-leading native performance. As a senior
technical individual contributor, you will partner closely with other staff engineers and senior
leaders across the broader technical organization. Although you will be at one of our highest
levels of seniority, all individual contributors at NewStore are Software Engineers which means
we expect you to be hands on and contribute code.
- Re-architect and build the next-gen of our mobile experience for associates of our retail
- Design & drive new integrations across other teams within NewStore
- Influence and collaborate with engineering leaders, product managers, and the business
to develop a unified approach to Mobile engineering at NewStore
- Understand how key technical decisions will drive business outcomes
- Provide technical leadership, establish and evangelize best engineering practices across the organization and company; advise and mentor engineers
- 15 years or more relevant experience in a fast paced, high growth tech environment.
- 8 years or more experience in writing code specifically on Mobile platforms.
- Solid experience in one or more of our core mobile languages - React Native and Swift/Objective-C
- Experience with cloud-native and microservice-based architectures.
- Experience working with large mobile codebases and writing robust and testable code.
- Passion for writing elegant, clean code that values readability over complexity.
- A solid understanding of Cloud computing concepts, solutions and security.
- Experience with continuous integration and automated build pipelines.
- Understanding of Docker-based containers, Kubernetes, or other container schedulers.
- Experience in designing, writing and building with REST APIs.
- A deep understanding of test-driven (and behavioural test driven) development, and of building substantially complete test code, and not just for the happy path.
- The ability to balance the desire to ship code quickly to our customers with the responsibility of making good technical decisions.
- A long-standing habit of continuous learning, and of applying new technologies, architectures, and methodologies to improve the code and Engineering organization.
- Proven ability to articulate the value of foundational technology approaches to technology leaders
Desired Personal Attributes
- Ability to work independently and as part of multiple teams
- Excellent problem solving skills
- You have an insatiable appetite for learning and teaching
- High energy, confident, and ambitious individual
- You think change should happen NOW!
- You are inspired far more by better ways of thinking, than thinking you should throw more people at a problem
- Must be a passionate communicator, willing to challenge and enhance ideas while preserving relationships
Questions? Email us: