The NewStore Mobile Retail Platform empowers brands to deliver an extraordinary end-to-end shopping experience for consumers. Built entirely from a mobile perspective, it integrates with existing ecommerce platforms such as Salesforce Commerce Cloud, SAP Hybris, Oracle ATG, and Magento. NewStore raises the omnichannel bar with one-touch purchase, scalable clienteling, and on-demand delivery — all optimized for the small screen. Founded by Stephan Schambach, creator of Demandware (now Salesforce Commerce Cloud), NewStore boosts conversion, promotes engagement, unifies online and offline, and modernizes fulfillment. NewStore is headquartered in Boston. For more information, visit www.newstore.com.
About the Position
How would you like to be a force-multiplier in a growing and multi-cultural company by writing efficient documentation? Would you like to work in a modern technical writing environment where documentation is treated like code in order to enable contributions and quick publication?
A typical day at NewStore
As a Tech Writer at NewStore, you come to the office in the morning and meet with one of the Agile development teams to discuss a Git pull request with API changes, which involves documentation. The meeting is conducted in English and can involve remote participants from Moldavia and Erfurt. Knowing the audiences of the API documentation, you help refine the documentation by asking questions to the developers then you edit their draft based on their answers.
Later, you explore a new feature in NewStore’s Web application and interact with the developers and the product manager to fully understand the feature. You document this feature in the End-User documentation. You commit the code to Git and create a pull request, asking a developer and the product manager for review.
After lunch with your colleagues, you write an integration guide for gift card providers, based on the API documentation that you finished last week.
The documentation being in its early stage will give you the opportunity to help design the information architecture and shape the documentation culture in a very dynamic company.
Working at our Berlin office, you will report to our Director of Technical Enablement and Integrations and interact with internal and external engineering, professional services and support team members.
You are a great candidate if you have:
- At least 5 years of writing technical and high quality end-user documentation
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills, German skills are a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university
- Track record of documentation for at least one complex enterprise product
- Prior experience in documentation of APIs, ideally REST APIs
- Experience in writing documentation targeting engineers
- Ability to learn and apply new technical skills and concepts quickly
- Dedication to providing on-time delivery of project deliverables
- Strong interpersonal skills
You may be the perfect candidate if some of these apply to you:
- Experience in Retail, ERP or Logistics
- Experience in writing documentation inside of raw specification files, for example Swagger or RAML
- Experience in writing documentation in a plain text language, ideally reStructuredText
- Experience in using static website generators
- Experience in using GitHub
- Experience in search engine optimization (SEO)
- Previous experience working in an agile software development or training environment
- Some programming skills
- Willingness to travel between office locations (Berlin, Hannover, Erfurt)
Questions? Email us: