NewStore operates a platform for retailers to run their stores on iPhone. It provides Omnichannel-as-a-Service with the only integrated cloud OMS and mobile POS. Intuitive store associate apps allow retailers to offer seamless shopping experiences through endless aisle, mobile checkout, store fulfillment, real-time inventory and clienteling. With an API-first architecture and an expansive ecosystem of partners, retailers can deploy fast and flexible omnichannel with ease. Brands that run on the NewStore platform include Decathlon, Outdoor Voices, UNTUCKit and more. NewStore was founded by Stephan Schambach, who pioneered ecommerce at Demandware (now Salesforce Commerce Cloud). The company has offices in Berlin, Boston and New York. Learn more at www.newstore.com.
About the Job
You will provide leadership across Back-End Engineering and help guide the overall engineering vision for our MicroServices Architecture. You will lead and participate in architecture discussions with our architects and platform team to help define the core platform APIs to support our Mobile- and WebApps. You will also participate in design reviews and recommend improvements. You will be part of a team that is committed to writing test-backed, clean and reusable code. As an expert Backend Engineer, you will recommend improvements and create consensus through self-confidence, clear communication and the technical skills to back your decisions. You think that polyglot developers are the future and have a passion for elegant, readable and maintainable code.
We have a cutting-edge microservice architecture and use the following technologies: Python, Golang, Linux, Docker, RabbitMQ, nginx, Amazon AWS, REST-ful APIs, ReactJS, HTML5, CSS3, git, SQL (PostgreSQL), Scrum/Kanban.
- 7+ years of professional development experience ideally using Python or similar languages
- Experience building large-scale business critical SaaS applications with MicroServices Architecture
- Established technical leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Understanding of Service-Oriented approach, Domain-Driven Design, S.O.L.I.D. principles
- Experience collaborating with other Engineers in planning, prioritizing and executing assigned tasks within deadlines
- Assist in risk assessment and mitigation activities
- Experience providing trainings and mentoring other Engineers
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Strong English communication skills
- Experience with Git
- Interest in learning or working with Go
Extra special things we'd love to see:
- Experience in building e-commerce systems highly desired
- Familiarity with software design patterns
- Experience solving business problems in a variety of programming languages
- Experience in Agile methodologies, especially Scrum
- Experience with Go
Questions? Email us: