NewStore operates a platform for retailers to run their stores on iPhone. It provides Omnichannel-as-a-Service with the only integrated cloud OMS and mobile POS. Intuitive store associate apps allow retailers to offer seamless shopping experiences through endless aisle, mobile checkout, store fulfillment, real-time inventory and clienteling. With an API-first architecture and an expansive ecosystem of partners, retailers can deploy fast and flexible omnichannel with ease. Brands that run on the NewStore platform include Decathlon, Outdoor Voices, UNTUCKit and more. NewStore was founded by Stephan Schambach, who pioneered ecommerce at Demandware (now Salesforce Commerce Cloud). The company has offices in Berlin, Boston and New York. Learn more at www.newstore.com.
NewStore is looking for a Solution Architect to join our growing Field Service Team with a focus on both internal customer advocacy and external expertise. You will be involved from the initial customer contact through to the planning and execution of the project involving solution partners, internal software developers and clients. You will be leading all technical aspects of customer implementations from project kickoff to complete delivery. As our ideal candidate will have a background in retail industry and commerce with successful large, multi-language / multi-currency / multi-store rollouts. You will also work closely with internal teams, including product management and engineering, as well as solution partners. Leading the technical aspects of customer implementations including sprint planning, use case definition and guiding developers by example is your day to day job. As we are an early stage startup, your influence in prioritizing features and processes will be critical to the company’s success. When finally rolling out the solution you will engage with training and customer success teams to support the onboarding of the customers on our platform.
The position reports to the Director Professional Services. The place of work is Berlin, Germany with periodic travel to headquarters and customer locations.
- Meet with clients to define and articulate business requirements and a delivery plan for solutions leveraging NewStore, existing ecommerce, POS, Order Management, Fulfillment, and ERP solutions, etc.
- Guide and design solution architecture for projects to be delivered by a solution partner team
- Analyze proposed solutions for integrations of inventory management, fulfilment and ERP systems, commerce and PIM solutions, payment and taxation providers, etc.
- Recommend solutions with an eye to future scalability, performance, maintenance and usage
- Cooperate with sales and solution partners by proposing solutions, demonstrating the technology, helping respond to RFPs and serving as as SME for subsequent questions
- As a subject matter expert, you will be responsible for educating and guiding decisions made by solution partners and customer technical team, including leading by example when necessary
- Lead by example with your technology expertise and methodology
- As a seasoned customer-facing professional, you will have skills to influence stakeholders and team members
- You will responsible for attaining customer objectives within time and scope, without sacrificing architectural integrity
- Proven success with delivering projects on time, in scope, and to customer business objectives
- Relevant experience within several of the following subject areas is a must:
- Order Management & Fulfillment business processes (including shipping, invoicing, reverse logistics, payments), CRM, ERP, Financial systems integration, mobile applications and ecommerce
- In-store Retail systems and processes (mPOS, endless aisle, payment)
- SaaS, including cloud architecture and infrastructure, and a desired 5 years of relevant architecture experience
- Scrum methodology and sprint planning, use case detailing and agile development, using tools like Jira, Confluence and github
- A strategic thinker who can anticipate potential challenges related to invisible constraints such as scalability and regional/international differences, etc.
- A facility for interpreting business needs into technical requirements, and making them accessible to different target groups
- Enjoys working with customers - customer focused, experience working with a 3rd party delivery team
- Strong English language written and verbal communication skills, German a plus
- Flexibility in the presence of shifting situations whilst maintaining a cool and dominant posture
- Preferably university qualifications in a technical field such as engineering or computer science
- Travel 25% (if remote then higher for presence in Boston or Berlin)
Questions? Email us: