NewStore is looking for a Solution Engineer to join our Field Service Team. You will be involved from the project discovery throughout execution of the project involving both solution partners and clients. As our ideal candidate you will have a strong background as a developer and an interest in interfacing with clients and advising project engineering teams of our solution partners. You will work closely with internal teams, including product management and engineering.
You will be working in a versatile, dynamic work environment and help to build stable and scalable software based on NewStore that fulfils the business needs of our clients. To achieve this you will be an expert on how to leverage NewStore core functionality and how to implement customizations as needed. Ideally, you step up over time to become a Solution Architect in our Field Services team.
The position reports to the Director Professional Services. The place of work could be Boston, MA or Berlin, Germany.
- Work with clients and the internal delivery team to understand and verify business requirements and architect complex solutions leveraging NewStore Cloud platform and AWS capabilities, existing eCommerce, POS, Order Management, Fulfillment, and ERP systems
- Recommend solutions with an eye to future scalability, performance, maintenance and usage
- Implement, test, debug and continuously improve software solutions running in cloud environments
- Educate and guide decisions made by solution partners and customer technical team, as well as lead by example or implement mission critical functionality where necessary
- Achieve customer objectives within time and scope, without sacrificing architectural integrity
- 5 or more years experience in professional software development
- Relevant experience within several of the following subject areas is a must:
- Order Management & Fulfillment business processes (including shipping, invoicing, reverse logistics, payments), CRM, ERP, Financial systems integration, mobile applications and ecommerce
- In-store Retail systems and processes (mPOS, endless aisle, payment)
- SaaS, including cloud architecture and infrastructure, and a desired six (6) years of relevant architecture experience
- Strong programming skills in
- Agile methodology, use case refinement and estimation, using tools like Jira, Confluence
- Experience with Test Automation and Test Automation Frameworks
- Strong analytical, empirical troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Ability to advise engineers in technical questions and best practices regarding our product
- Strong English language written and verbal communication skills, German a plus
- Travel 25%
NewStore is an award-winning cloud platform built to accelerate end-to-end omnichannel for brands and retailers. With pre-built connectors into major commerce platforms and intuitive apps for store employees, NewStore delivers the highly personalized and frictionless shopping experience demanded by today’s mobile-first consumers. Retailers have the freedom to choose their own path, beginning with clienteling, endless aisle, mobile point of sale, or omnichannel fulfillment. NewStore was founded by Stephan Schambach, who previously invented the first standard software for online shopping and founded Demandware (now Salesforce Commerce Cloud). The company is located in Boston, New York, and Berlin.