You arrive at the office and meet with one of your direct reports to work on a personal development plan. Afterwards, you chat with the Scrum Master of the team your direct reports are working for to learn first hand how people interact with each other and what challenges the team faces. Before you join the refinement session you sit with your team in their office to answer some emails and help them during a technical discussion.
You go to lunch with the colleagues of this team. After lunch you have a refreshing table football match.
In the afternoon you meet with a group of other Engineering Managers to discuss how to improve the overall engineering experience. Afterwards you meet again with one of your colleagues to talk about career plans, growth and how you can help with goal-accomplishment.
Before you leave the office you socialize with your colleagues; have a drink, play guitar or discuss some interesting topics around code quality.
- You will be able to have a unique role that will blend in your leadership skills, along with your strong technical ability
- In this role you will be able to mentor and provide leadership to the engineering teams, as well as finding the best ways to achieve the desired results and impact together.
- You will also help develop the skills of the engineering team and their individual working practices, as well as remove any roadblocks that might be in the way of great work.
- This role will work in close collaboration with the Scrum Masters and Agile Coaches and will put Agile software development frameworks and practices into action.
- You will have a strong partnership with the hiring team and contributing to make NewStore grow in a strategic way.
- You will also have the opportunity to drive initiatives within parts or across the whole engineering organization (e.g. QA, infrastructure, agile process, team evolution etc.)
- More than 7+ years of professional development experience ideally using Front- and Backend languages (broad technical experience).
- More than 5+ years of experience in people development and leadership positions.
- Understanding of Service-Oriented approach, Domain-Driven Design, S.O.L.I.D. principles.
- Experience providing trainings and mentoring other Engineers.
- Strong English communication skills.
- Conceptual and strategic thinking.
- Good interpersonal skills/Emotional Intelligence and relationship building capabilities.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving mindset.
- Good time management and self organisation skills.
- Understanding and being a driver in change management.
- Working experience in agile methodologies like Scrum, KanBan or XP.