Starting salary: $95K to $125K per year + signing bonus
Reports to: VP of Technology
We create software that allows our clients to fight misinformation, keep the public informed, and hold elected leaders accountable.
The News Revenue Hub, a nonprofit that builds technology products and provides consulting to news organizations in service of the public good, is looking for an experienced full stack developer with a passion for mission-driven work to join our team. You’ll help build and maintain the front and back end of our products primarily written using Django, React, FastAPI, and Python. You should be able to translate our stakeholder needs into functional and appealing interactive applications. We expect you to be a tech-savvy professional, who is curious about new digital technologies and aspires to combine usability, appealing design and elegant code.
- Design mobile-based features, participate in design reviews
- Write functional requirement documents and guides, user-facing documentation
- Create quality mockups and prototypes
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Work on features and bug fixes
- Maintain our backend APIs
- Participate in sprint planning
- Experience with Django or other Python frameworks (like Flask)
- Experience with templating languages like Django’s, Jinja2, etc.
- Experience with Node
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- Experience with frontend (Cypress, Jest) and backend (pytest) testing.
- Solid understanding of Git
- Experience with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager helpful
- Build systems (Webpack, Gulp, Babel, etc)
- Mobile browser testing (e.g. BrowserStack)
- Experience with Docker, GCP, Kubernetes, Stripe or Postgres helpful, but not required
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
Benefits of working at the Hub include:
- 100% remote team with post-pandemic potential travel
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- 401k plan with 5% match
- Home office stipend and cell phone reimbursement
- Flexible work hours with a generous vacation policy
- Life insurance
- Annual performance reviews with merit-based increases and opportunities for advancement
- Contribute to a mission-driven organization with a diverse and inclusive team of people who are passionate about helping news organizations build financial sustainability—because the public deserves access to quality journalism.
About News Revenue Hub
We are a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that works with news outlets to develop stronger business models and more loyal audiences. We help our clients become sustainable, allowing them to fight misinformation, keep the public informed, and hold elected leaders accountable. We provide a robust technology infrastructure specifically designed for journalism fundraising, along with customized strategies for audience and membership and donor development.
We work with over 60 news organizations and have had the opportunity to work on projects with big impact. Our approach to sustainability is holistic and we work closely with editors and audience strategists as we do with membership officers and fundraisers.
News Revenue Hub works with news organizations to implement fundraising models, automate time consuming processes, conduct experiments, adopt best practices, and more. Our mission is to help newsrooms achieve financial sustainability and take on the heavy lifting so our members can focus on what they do best: producing high quality journalism.