At Newsela, Customer Support Representatives (CSRs) are the face of the company and the voice of the customer. In this role, you will execute both of these critical functions by being the frontline support for end-users, helping them to navigate Newsela.com, clearing confusion on site tasks, and alleviating frustration for user pain points. You’ll also lead the charge in collecting information and trends from the user experience, and using it to influence product, implementation, and integrations. You’ll use a state of the art customer relationship management tool that enables you to document the customer’s interaction and follow the journey from start to finish, no matter the issue/question type, timeframe, or contact preference. Reporting to the Manager of Customer Support, you’ll adopt a customer-first attitude as a Newsela frontline product expert and advocate for providing best-in-class support in all of our internal process and tools adoption.
Why you’ll love this role:
- You’ll have a front seat view into the direct impact the level of engagement Newsela products create in classrooms
- You will speak with real-world educators from all over the United States who are passionate about their student’s learning abilities and who are empowered by the guidance YOU provide on each and every contact
- You are excited to learn about edtech platforms and how they work with Newsela products to best support Newsela users and provide the most fluent user experience possible
- You use data to recognize product or process improvements and raise them to your peers, teammates, and leadership for consideration
Why you’re a great fit:
- You have 3+ years of experience in a customer support function
- You have 2+ years of IT experience
- You have experience with education technology platforms or educational systems
- You have experience with Customer Relationship Tools
- You have demonstrated success in meeting or exceeding general support KPI targets and goals, ensuring best-in-class experience is delivered during customer interactions
- You’re able to easily isolate issues and provide technical or navigational guidance to customers to achieve resolution
- You have the ability to balance empathy for customers with urgency in resolving their issues
- You do not shy away from complex technical issues, but challenge yourself to locate an answer
Base compensation range: $50,000 - $58,000. As a non-exempt position this role is eligible for overtime. Total compensation for this role also includes incentive stock options and benefits. This compensation range may be adjusted based on actual experience.
One of the fastest growing tech companies in K-12 education, Newsela was founded on the principle that while every child may have unique learning preferences, they all deserve a rich learning experience that ignites a love of learning. We built our platform based on learning science research to deliver the most engaging, authentic content to modernize how teaching happens in the classroom. Along with interactive assessments and tools, we provide teachers with digital content at five reading levels -- from +100 of the best sources -- that is relevant to the diverse backgrounds and interests of their students. Since we started in 2013, we’ve established a presence in 90% of U.S. K-12 schools and over 2.5M teachers and 37M students have registered with Newsela.
Why you’ll love working at Newsela:
Health & Wellness: Access to the world’s leading medical experts for healthcare (pets included!). Discounts and resources to stay healthy: mind, body, and soul
Work From Home: Almost all of our roles are fully remote - tech stipend included!
Supporting ALL Families: Supplemental programs and time off to take care of your family and yourself
Time Off: Flexible PTO to recharge, including Sabbatical Leave
Inclusive Experiences: Robust DEIB curriculum, Identity & Experience Groups (Affinity Groups + Employee Resource Group), Authentic & Transparent conversations with Executive Leadership Teams, and integration of DEIB lens across Talent lifecycle processes
Professional Development: Annual stipends for continued education, regular manager training sessions, lunch & learns, and individual growth plans aligned with your personal and professional aspirations
Make A Difference: No matter your role or department, the work you do each day helps shape the future of education and improves the lives of students and teachers