The leading digital experience platform (DXP) provider, Optimizely, has acquired Welcome, a four-time Gartner Leader that brings the best capabilities of content marketing platforms (CMP), marketing resource management (MRM), and digital asset management (DAM) together in a single solution. The combined company will empower marketing teams at brands across the globe to drive real business value through better customer experiences.
Optimizely has over 9,000 brands, from global organizations such as Visa, Sky, Yamaha, and Wall Street Journal to tech innovators like Atlassian, DocuSign, FitBit, and Zillow. Not only are we financially sound and growing, but we have unicorn status: We exceeded $300M in revenue in 2020, is profitable already, and have all strategic options ahead of us. Optimizely continues to invest and addresses a market opportunity north of $30 billion, providing significant personal career growth opportunities.
We are an inclusive culture with a global team of 1200+ people across the US, Europe, Australia, Bangladesh, and Vietnam. We blend European and American business cultures with an emphasis on teamwork, inclusion, and moving fast. People make the difference!
If you are looking to work on the next generation of digital technologies in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment, apply!
We’re just getting started!
We are looking for a Staff Engineer to join our Experimentation team in Dhaka. We work closely with the US team on all the components of the Experimentation product. Our platform delivers delightful experiences for customers by managing feature flags and experiments via optimizely.com and its public-facing APIs. We own new features and quality, end-to-end, for both Optimizely’s Web and Full Stack customers.
To learn more about the product please visit these links:
Some technologies we work with
- Python (Flask), Golang
- Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins
- AWS, GCP
- Monitoring and observability tooling
- CI/CD DevOps Processes and tools
- SQL, PostgreSQL, Google Data Store, Kafka
Who you are:
- You can take complex requirements and come up with efficient solutions
- You are knowledgeable in customer-facing internet / web-based systems
- You value teamwork over individual brilliance
- You write readable code that even someone new to the team can easily understand
- You know how to apply your CS knowledge and software engineering principles and patterns to your code
- You are NOT nit-picky; you like to contribute full-stack
- You take ownership of your work and see them through; end-to-end
- You enjoy mentoring and seeing others succeed
- You are a fast self-learner
- You like to learn new technologies and languages and work with them
- Excellent English communication skills
- You have completed Bachelor of Computer Science or a related field
- 8+ years of proven professional experience, working in teams
- You have experience working with more than 1 programming language and its eco-system
- You have mentored juniors engineers
If you want to learn about what to expect after your initial call with the Hiring Manager, please refer to this doc - Interview_Process.pdf
Note: This role can be available as a remote opportunity so we encourage people from all over Bangladesh to apply.
Why You’ll Love Working Here
- Our culture is the most important thing we offer: a place to do your best work and a chance for your voice to be heard in a democratic environment as we shape a high-growth space.
- We are currently working from home; however, we plan to go back to the office by year-end. When we return to the office, we plan to have a hybrid model while also providing the opportunity to be fully remote.
- Communal transport facilities inside Dhaka and free catered lunch when we return.
- Best-in-class compensation plans
- Unlimited vacation days and flexible working hours
- Two annual festival bonuses
- Medical insurance
- An agile performance review process encourages ongoing transparency between managers and direct reports.
- Monthly and quarterly regional and global team building events
- Enablement program and soft skill training to support internal career growth and development
- Reward and recognition programs
- Volunteering and opportunities to give back
- Chance to work with our incredible global team all over the world
At Optimizely, our standardized language is English, and it is crucial to have good English communication skills to be successful in your global role. All our external and cross-location communication is done in US English (en-us), but internally you can speak in whichever native language you most identify with.
Optimizely is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or another legally protected status.