NewsCred, the world’s leading enterprise content marketing company, is on a mission to create software that transforms how marketing teams work.
NewsCred is a three-time Gartner Magic Quadrant leader and a regular Great Place to Work. Every day, across our New York, London, and Dhaka offices, nearly 200 brilliant NewsCred employees commit their passion, time, and energy to shaping the future of an industry.
Our bread and butter is enterprise content marketing, and we are the best in the world at it, with exceptional retention rates over our 10+ year history. Our teams combine strategic expertise, award-winning licensed and original content, and comprehensive-but-intuitive software to help the world’s biggest multinational brands publish content that people actually want in this world filled with ad noise.
But we are not resting on our success. We believe that modern marketing organizations will have their own operating system, just as Engineering has Jira and Sales has Salesforce. This Marketing OS will centralize where campaigns get planned and marketing teams work together. There are many big companies competing to be the winner, but we think we have the lead because of our expertise in content and the robustness of our software.
Overview of the Position
As a Customer Support Engineer, you will manage customers’ technical issues submitted through ZenDesk - an industry standard in managing the support ticketing process. You will ensure an excellent standard of service and high customer satisfaction levels are maintained at all times.
Your team's primary objective is to provide technical support to a global customer base (mid-to-large enterprises concentrated in the US and EMEA), as well as to partners and freelancers. You will serve as a product expert and coordinate across departments within the NewsCred organization to deliver workarounds and issue resolutions to customers.
You should be able to take on a vague issue raised by a customer and figure out a path to solve the customer’s problem while maintaining a continuous line of communication with all internal and external stakeholders. Issues faced will range from a technical bug in the software, to third party integration issues, to gaps in training.
What You’ll Do
- Ensure timely, accurate, and professional service is provided to all customers and ZenDesk tickets are closed as quickly as possible, with maximum client satisfaction
- Engage with customers in a friendly and personable manner
- Contribute to a team effort to provide 24 x 7 x 365 coverage for customers, partners, freelancers and internal team(s), participating in an ‘on-call’ rotation to ensure this coverage
- Efficiently diagnose, triage and, where necessary, escalate software issues, working towards team metrics for high quality standards around responsiveness, resolution and customer satisfaction
- Collaborate with the Product Management team to share insights around customer-reported issues, prioritize around defects and enhancement requests, and provide input on release planning & messaging
- Contribute to customer-facing knowledge base of help articles
- Query our application database and logs to understand issues at both the macro and micro levels
- Configure client applications and script solutions to recurring configuration issues
Please note you will be required to work New York hours on a rotational basis.
What You’ll Need
- Immaculate English written and spoken skills is a must.
- 2+ years of experience in a customer-facing, customer support role for a highly available SaaS solution
- BA or BS in a technical field is a plus, preferably in Computer Science or Engineering
- Proficiency in ZenDesk and JIRA; proficiency in CMS platforms, such as WordPress, is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to handle concurrent tasks in a fast paced environment enthusiasm and willingness to constantly learn
- Adeptness in thriving on ambiguity and bringing order to complex situations and issues
- Ability to drive multiple projects simultaneously with minimal direction
- Understanding of marketing or content marketing, and the technology solutions that support them, is a plus
Diversity & Inclusion
At NewsCred, we believe that diversity is an essential part of a healthy workplace and that inclusivity is more than just good intentions.
We are committed to recruiting, hiring, and retaining a diverse community that is representative of the ones we live in. We will hold ourselves accountable by measurable success criteria and will be transparent on our progress towards these commitments.
Our work isn’t over when we have successfully diversified our pool of employees; we are committed to ongoing efforts to make NewsCred an inclusive environment for all. This includes providing ongoing opportunities for education, awareness, and partnerships that share our commitment to eliminating unconscious bias and raising awareness about experiences other than our own.
Why You’ll Love Working Here
- Our culture is the most important thing we offer: a place to do your best work and a chance for your voice to be heard in a democratic environment as we shape a high-growth space. Learn more in our “How We Work” document
- All-hands Demo Days on Wednesdays
- Communal transport facilities inside Dhaka
- Free catered lunch
- Best-in-class compensation plans
- Unlimited vacation days
- Two annual festival bonuses
- Medical insurance
- A light but frequent agile performance review process, to encourage ongoing transparency between managers and direct reports
- Training and development