NewsCred, the world’s leading enterprise content marketing company, is on a mission to create software that transforms how marketing teams work.
NewsCred is a two-time Gartner-leader and a regular Great Place to Work. Every day, across our Colorado, New York, London, and Dhaka offices, 200+ brilliant NewsCred employees commit their passion, time, and energy to shaping the future of an industry.
Our bread and butter is enterprise content marketing, and we are the best in the world at it, with exceptional retention rates over our 10+ year history. Our teams combine strategic expertise, award-winning licensed and original content, and comprehensive-but-intuitive software to help the world’s biggest multinational brands publish content that people actually want in this world filled with ad noise.
But we are not resting on our success. We believe that modern marketing organizations will have their own operating system, just as Engineering has Jira and Sales has Salesforce. This Marketing OS will centralize where campaigns get planned and marketing teams work together. There are many big companies competing to be the winner, but we think we have the lead because of our expertise in content and the robustness of our software.
We are looking for a hands-on Senior Software Engineer to make a lasting impact on our software stack. This role will be responsible for technical design, new feature development, working with UX designers, researching and evaluating new technology, and maintaining and improving a well-tested and high quality codebase.
You will be responsible for not only building key product features but also question the status quo and help evolve our software stack. You will also be expected to mentor and lead engineers on your squad by leading the team towards their goals and will be accountable for the team's outcomes.
We are open to evolving our platform with newer technologies and here are some of our current tools:
- ElasticSearch & Solr
- AngularJS and React
- Node and Flask
- MongoDB, MySQL, Redshift & Redis
- Kinesis, RabbitMQ, SQS
Who You'll Work With
The Engineering team at NewsCred consists of some of the most considerate, compassionate and fun-loving people you’ll ever meet. We seek people who can contribute and share in the success and happiness of our team. We do this by organizing ourselves into small, autonomous teams that are self-sufficient and fully empowered to deliver a complete product. We believe in continuous deployment, which enables us to deliver incremental value to our clients on an ongoing basis.
What You'll Do
- Lead teams towards goals and be accountable for outcomes.
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Work closely with product owners, designers, agile coaches and developers in a dynamic, agile environment innovating on new products and features.
- Architect new systems that interface with our existing architecture.
- Evangelize software development practices across teams.
- Design and develop software collaboratively in a pair-programming environment.
- Work in multiple stacks and have a propensity to learn new technologies.
What You'll Need
- 4+ years of software development experience.
- Eager for opportunities to mentor and teach.
- Thrive in an autonomous, high energy environment.
- Enjoy pairing with team members to produce innovative solutions.
- Care about efficient code, beautiful algorithms, opportunistic refactoring, and iterative development.
- Comfortable working with cloud architectures, tools, and processes.
Why You’ll Love Working Here
- Our culture is the most important thing we offer: a place to do your best work, and a chance for your voice to be heard in a democratic environment as we shape a high-growth space
- All-hands Demo Days on Wednesdays; catered lunches on Fridays
- Full suite of benefits, including medical, vision, dental, 401k match, and generous parental leave
- Best-in-class compensation plans, as well as company equity – everyone has a stake in our growth
- An agile performance review process, to encourage ongoing transparency between managers and direct reports
- Unlimited vacation days and flexible working hours
- Student loan repayment program, enabling you to potentially save thousands in interest
NewsCred is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, promoting and hiring a diverse workforce. We believe that diversity is an essential part of a healthy workplace, and that inclusivity means more than just good intentions.