The leading digital experience platform (DXP) provider, Optimizely, has acquired Welcome, a four-time Gartner Leader that brings the best capabilities of content marketing platforms (CMP), marketing resource management (MRM), and digital asset management (DAM) together in a single solution. The combined company will empower marketing teams at brands across the globe to drive real business value through better customer experiences.
Optimizely has over 9,000 brands, from global organizations such as Visa, Sky, Yamaha, and Wall Street Journal to tech innovators like Atlassian, DocuSign, FitBit, and Zillow. Not only are we financially sound and growing, but we have unicorn status: We exceeded $300M in revenue in 2020, is profitable already, and have all strategic options ahead of us. Optimizely continues to invest and addresses a market opportunity north of $30 billion, providing significant personal career growth opportunities.
We are an inclusive culture with a global team of 1200+ people across the US, Europe, Australia, Bangladesh, and Vietnam. We blend European and American business cultures with an emphasis on teamwork, inclusion, and moving fast. People make the difference!
If you are looking to work on the next generation of digital technologies in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment, apply!
We’re just getting started!
We're looking for Software Engineers with a minimum of 2 years’ experience. However, we will interview SE candidates depending on their experience and skills. Please note, regardless of experience and differentiating salaries, we refer to all our engineers as Software Engineers.
To be successful in this role we require you to have the technical skills and talent to navigate our entire stack, solving interesting and diverse problems along the way.
- improving our search infrastructure using the latest techniques in information retrieval and natural language processing, or
- evaluating terabytes of usage logs to discover what content performs best for our customers, or
- building a revolutionary content consumption UX
You will play a key role in all parts of the product lifecycle: brainstorming, design, prototyping, planning, implementation, and launch.
People who succeed at Welcome are intelligent, highly motivated, empathetic team players with a great sense of humor. They are proven self-starters and quick learners. You will write lots of code that solve both visual and technical hurdles, delivering high impact solutions to our customers around the world.
To learn more about our product, please visit this link:
We are agnostic about technology stacks and programming languages, but in case you are interested, here is the tech stack that we currently use:
- Python, Django, Flask, Celery
- MySQL, MongoDB, RabbitMQ
- Redis, Elasticsearch, Apache Spark
- Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Jenkins, ELK, Grafana
- Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud
The engineering team consists of some of the most brilliant, considerate, and fun-loving people you’ll ever meet. We implement a flat organizational structure providing all engineers the same designation to make the teams more efficient and responsive to change. We're highly selective; we seek people who can contribute and share in the success and happiness of our team. We organize ourselves into small close-knit teams that work with agility and perseverance to achieve bigger goals. This allows us to maintain our scrappy, entrepreneurial culture as we grow.
You love creating software in a collaborative and close-knit team that is beautifully crafted, highly impactful while being obsessive about our customers' success. You’re curious about the latest emerging technologies and love thinking about ways in which we can apply them to make our product better.
Qualification and Requirements
- Strong problem solving and coding skills are essential
- Good English communication skills (ability to communicate technical stats)
- Development experience in any of the following: Python, Django, AngularJS, NodeJS
- Optimises database for high availability and better query performance
- Designing and developing highly available and scalable backend systems
- Closely working with DevOps and Business Intelligence team to improve system services, DevOps tasks, setting up automation, monitoring and generating reporting as well
- Experience with software engineering best practices (unit testing, code reviews, clean code)
- Experience with REST, SOA, microservices-based architecture is a plus
- Experience with distributed systems, non-relational database, and search engines is a plus
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Experience with automated testing and continuous deployment
- Experience with working with teams across offshore offices is an added advantage
- Able to accommodate New York meeting times
Note: This role can be available as a remote opportunity so we encourage people from all over Bangladesh to apply.
Why You’ll Love Working Here
- Our culture is the most important thing we offer: a place to do your best work and a chance for your voice to be heard in a democratic environment as we shape a high-growth space.
- We are currently working from home; however, we plan to go back to the office by year-end. When we return to the office, we plan to have a hybrid model while also providing the opportunity to be fully remote.
- Communal transport facilities inside Dhaka and free catered lunch when we return.
- Best-in-class compensation plans
- Unlimited vacation days and flexible working hours
- Two annual festival bonuses
- Medical insurance
- An agile performance review process encourages ongoing transparency between managers and direct reports.
- Monthly and quarterly regional and global team building events
- Enablement program and soft skill training to support internal career growth and development
- Reward and recognition programs
- Volunteering and opportunities to give back
- Chance to work with our incredible global team all over the world
At Optimizely, our standardized language is English, and it is crucial to have good English communication skills to be successful in your global role. All our external and cross-location communication is done in US English (en-us), but internally you can speak in whichever native language you most identify with.
Optimizely is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or another legally protected status.