Freelance Content Strategists will assist senior members of the team to project manage and create content for our clients, ensuring it is both high quality and on-brand and delivered in a timely manner.
The ideal candidate is passionate about content in its many forms and excited to tell and share stories. The Freelance Content Strategist should have an interest in different industries and trends as well as excited to learn about those trends and to use that knowledge to shape stories in both a B2B and B2C format.
An abbreviated list of responsibilities is below. The list of responsibilities will change as NewsCred’s software, service offerings, and client needs evolve over time.
Original Content Management
- Facilitate writer pitch process and develop on-brand and on-trend content ideas.
- Edit original content for quality and clarity, following brand guidelines, SEO.
- Assist senior strategists in content production
- Ensure pitches and content are high quality and on-brand
- Managing internal/client budget trackers
- Identify writers with appropriate subject matter expertise and ensure timely delivery of their work
- Content production project management via NewsCred’s content marketing platform
- Attend client meetings
Curating news stories for clients’ websites
- Utilize subject knowledge and editorial insight to choose a proper mix of content that meets brand and audience needs
- Managing trackers of approved/rejected licensed content articles
- Image curation from stock image library
- Experience editing diversified content
- Previous experience interfacing with enterprise clients
- Familiarity with digital marketing space and enthusiasm for working with commercial brands
- Understanding of tone and voice and ability to adapt to a client’s specific tone (e.g. What makes a Buzzfeed story different from a Washington Post story?)
- Ability to concisely communicate with managers and colleagues about complex client issues
NewsCred, the world’s leading enterprise content marketing company, is on a mission to create software that transforms how marketing teams work. NewsCred is a three-time Gartner-leader and a regular Great Place to Work. Every day, across our New York, Boulder, London, and Dhaka offices, nearly 200 brilliant NewsCred employees commit their passion, time, and energy to shaping the future of an industry.
Our bread and butter is enterprise content marketing, and we are the best in the world at it, with exceptional retention rates over our 10+ year history. Our teams combine strategic expertise, award-winning licensed and original content, and comprehensive-but-intuitive software to help the world’s biggest multinational brands publish content that people actually want in this world filled with ad noise.
But we are not resting on our success. We believe that modern marketing organizations will have their own operating system, just as Engineering has Jira and Sales has Salesforce. This Marketing OS will centralize where campaigns get planned and marketing teams work together. There are many big companies competing to be the winner, but we think we have the lead because of our expertise in content and the robustness of our software