NewsCred, the world’s leading enterprise content marketing company, is on a mission to create software that transforms how marketing teams work.
NewsCred is a two-time Gartner-leader and a regular Great Place to Work. Every day, across our New York, London, and Dhaka offices, nearly 200 brilliant NewsCred employees commit their passion, time, and energy to shaping the future of an industry.
Our bread and butter is enterprise content marketing, and we are the best in the world at it, with exceptional retention rates over our 10+ year history. Our teams combine strategic expertise, award-winning licensed and original content, and comprehensive-but-intuitive software to help the world’s biggest multinational brands publish content that people actually want in this world filled with ad noise.
But we are not resting on our success. We believe that modern marketing organisations will have their own operating system, just as Engineering has Jira and Sales has Salesforce. This Marketing OS will centralise where campaigns get planned and marketing teams work together. There are many big companies competing to be the winner, but we think we have the lead because of our expertise in content and the robustness of our software.
NewsCred Dhaka is looking for an Inbound Project Manager who will work closely with cross-functional teams -- Outbound Product Managers, Engineers, Designers, and stakeholders -- to ensure that the scope and direction of the Engineering team are on the right track. The ideal candidate will focus on bridging the communication between these teams to deliver quality software in a rapid, agile development environment colocated between Dhaka and NYC.
Who Are You
- You can juggle several user stories simultaneously and distinguish what is important from what is urgent and prioritise your time accordingly.
- You have an exceptional ability to communicate complex solutions to high-level executives one moment and then dig into code/architecture with engineers the next and grooming and planning with squads.
- You are a strategic and creative thinker who stays on top of the latest technology and business trends.
- You are adept at developing user stories and acceptance criteria with clarity and conciseness. You know the difference between good vs. great user story development.
- You will collaborate with Outbound Product Managers in NYC to ensure user stories and designs are developed on time, structure a plan to reach it, and inspire a cross-functional team in Dhaka to execute like a well-oiled machine.
- You can work autonomously but possess good instincts to know when you should escalate.
- You are comfortable working with the cross geographical product team, stakeholders, and users.
- You are a proactive problem solver and experienced at clarifying user stories when needed. You are responsible for the quality delivery of engineering deliverables and ensure automated testing is up to date.
- You obsess over quality and experiences and refuse to ship software that’s buggy or lowers your standards.
What You’ll Need
- You have exceptional oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and can apply those skills in English.
- You graduated with a B.Sc. in computer science/engineering or related field. (Preferable)
- You have a technical understanding of the software development cycle.
- Preferably 1+ years of experience in software project management with Agile methodologies.
- You have a solid understanding of software development lifecycle models.
- You have excellent skills in communication, capacity planning, project/program management, processes, and change management.
- You are independent with a strong sense of ownership and ability to deliver.
- You have the ability to clarify, articulate, and document issues.
- You are highly analytical and organisational and are a master of time management and problem-solving.
Why You’ll Love Working Here
- Our culture is the most important thing we offer: a place to do your best work and a chance for your voice to be heard in a democratic environment as we shape a high-growth space. Learn more in our “How We Work” document
- All-hands Demo Days on Wednesdays
- Communal transport facilities inside Dhaka
- Free catered lunch
- Best-in-class compensation plans
- Unlimited vacation days
- Two annual festival bonuses
- Medical insurance
- A light but frequent agile performance review process, to encourage ongoing transparency between managers and direct reports
- Training and development
NewsCred is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, promoting and hiring a diverse workforce. We believe that diversity is an essential part of a healthy workplace and that inclusivity means more than just good intentions.