NewsCred, the world’s leading enterprise content marketing company, is on a mission to create software that transforms how marketing teams work.
NewsCred is a two-time Gartner-leader and a regular Great Place to Work. Every day, across our New York, London, and Dhaka offices, nearly 200 brilliant NewsCred employees commit their passion, time, and energy to shaping the future of an industry.
Our bread and butter is enterprise content marketing, and we are the best in the world at it, with exceptional retention rates over our 10+ year history. Our teams combine strategic expertise, award-winning licensed and original content, and comprehensive-but-intuitive software to help the world’s biggest multinational brands publish content that people actually want in this world filled with ad noise.
But we are not resting on our success. We believe that modern marketing organisations will have their own operating system, just as Engineering has Jira and Sales has Salesforce. This Marketing OS will centralise where campaigns get planned and marketing teams work together. There are many big companies competing to be the winner, but we think we have the lead because of our expertise in content and the robustness of our software.
We're looking for Software Engineers with the technical skills and talent to navigate our entire stack, solving interesting and challenging problems along the way.
- improving our search infrastructure using the latest techniques in information retrieval and natural language processing, or
- analysing terabytes of usage logs to discover what content performs best for our customers, or
- building a revolutionary content consumption UX.
You will play a key role in all parts of the product lifecycle: brainstorming, design, prototyping, planning, implementation, and launch.
Individuals who succeed at NewsCred are intelligent, highly motivated, fearless team players with great senses of humour. They have proven self-starters and quick learners. You will write lots of code that solve both visual and technical challenges, delivering high impact solutions to our customers around the world.
We are agnostic about technology stacks and programming languages, but in case you are interested, here is the tech stack that we currently use:
- Python, Django
- Flask, Celery
- MySQL, MongoDB, RabbitMQ
- Redis, Elasticsearch, Apache Spark
- Docker, Ansible, Jenkins, ELK
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, RDS, SQS, Kinesis, Lambda, ECS, Cloudfront, Athena, Redshift)
The engineering team consists of some of the most brilliant, considerate, and fun-loving people you’ll ever meet. We implement a flat organisational structure providing all engineers the same designation to make the teams more efficient and responsive to change. We're highly selective; we seek people who can contribute and share in the success and happiness of our team. We organise ourselves into small, autonomous teams that are as self-sufficient and independent as possible. This allows us to maintain our scrappy, entrepreneurial culture as we grow.
You love creating software in a collaborative and close-knit team that is beautifully crafted, highly impactful while being obsessive about our customers' success. You’re curious about the latest emerging technologies and love thinking about ways in which we can apply them to make our product better.
Qualification and Requirements
- Strong problem solving and coding skills are essential
- Impeccable English communication skills (ability to communicate technical stats)
- Development experience in any of the following: Python, Django, AngularJS, NodeJS
- Optimises database for high availability and better query performance
- Designing and developing highly available and scalable backend systems
- Closely working with DevOps and Business Intelligence team to improve system services, DevOps tasks, setting up automation, monitoring and generating reporting as well
- Experience with software engineering best practices (unit testing, code reviews, clean code)
- Experience with REST, SOA, microservices based architecture is a plus
- Experience with distributed systems, non-relational database, and search engines is a plus
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Experience with automated testing and continuous deployment
- Experience with working with teams across offshore offices is an added advantage
- Able to accommodate New York meeting times
Why You’ll Love Working Here
- Our culture is the most important thing we offer: a place to do your best work and a chance for your voice to be heard in a democratic environment as we shape a high-growth space. Learn more in our “How We Work” document
- All-hands Demo Days on Wednesdays
- Communal transport facilities inside Dhaka
- Free catered lunch
- Best-in-class compensation plans
- Unlimited vacation days
- Two annual festival bonuses
- Medical insurance
- A light but frequent agile performance review process, to encourage ongoing transparency between managers and direct reports
- Training and development
NewsCred is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, promoting and hiring a diverse workforce. We believe that diversity is an essential part of a healthy workplace and that inclusivity means more than just good intentions.
Please, no third-party resumes for this role. Candidates submitted by agencies will not be reviewed.