NewsCred, the world’s leading enterprise content marketing company, is on a mission to create software that transforms how marketing teams work.
NewsCred is a two-time Gartner-leader and a regular Great Place to Work. Every day, across our New York, London, and Dhaka offices, nearly 200 brilliant NewsCred employees commit their passion, time, and energy to shaping the future of an industry.
Our bread and butter is enterprise content marketing, and we are the best in the world at it, with exceptional retention rates over our 10+ year history. Our teams combine strategic expertise, award-winning licensed and original content, and comprehensive-but-intuitive software to help the world’s biggest multinational brands publish content that people actually want in this world filled with ad noise.
But we are not resting on our success. We believe that modern marketing organisations will have their own operating system, just as Engineering has Jira and Sales has Salesforce. This Marketing OS will centralise where campaigns get planned and marketing teams work together. There are many big companies competing to be the winner, but we think we have the lead because of our expertise in content and the robustness of our software.
The Associate Content Strategist at NewsCred brings compelling editorial strategies to life for some of the world’s most prominent companies. This is a great opportunity for someone interested in a career in tech, startups, or editorial content strategy.
With that in mind, Associate Content Strategists will assist senior members of the team to project manage and create original content for our clients, ensuring it is both high quality and on-brand. They also oversee curation of licensed content (both written and image-driven) for our clients with the most stringent guidelines to ensure that we surface articles that will meet audience needs and pass muster under brand scrutiny.
The ideal candidate is passionate about content in its many forms and excited to tell and share stories. The Associate Content Strategist should have interest in different industries and trends as well as excited to learn about those trends and to use that knowledge to shape stories in both a B2B and B2C format. Helping clients become great content marketers and stemming the tide of bad content drives us, it should drive you too.
A list of detailed responsibilities is below. This list is meant to be as comprehensive as possible at a general level, but is not all inclusive of the tasks an Associate Content Strategist may be asked to perform. The list of common responsibilities will change as NewsCred’s software, service offerings, and client needs evolve over time.
Original Content Management
- Facilitate writer pitch process
- Edit original content for quality and clarity, following brand guidelines
- Assist senior strategists in content production
- Ensure pitches and content are high quality and on brand
- Managing internal/client budget trackers
- Manage freelancers and writers
Curating news stories for clients’ websites
- Utilise subject knowledge and editorial insight to choose a proper mix of content that meets brand and audience needs
- Proactively monitor the performance of a client’s mix of licensed sources and regularly communicate performance
- Review the ongoing curation efforts of our freelance network, providing feedback and approval of articles
- Managing trackers of approved/rejected licensed content articles
- Image curation
- 1 - 3 years experience editing and/or writing diversified content
- Experience in content or news ideation and production for either a news organization or a brand
- Familiarity with digital marketing space and enthusiasm for working with commercial brands
- Familiarity with visual content production/curation & imagery best practices
- Understanding of tone and voice and ability to adapt to a client’s specific tone (e.g. What makes a Buzzfeed story different from a Washington Post story?)
- Ability to concisely communicate with managers and colleagues about complex client issues
Why You’ll Love Working Here
- Our culture is the most important thing we offer: a place to do your best work and a chance for your voice to be heard in a democratic environment as we shape a high-growth space. Learn more in our “How We Work” document
- All-hands Demo Days on Wednesdays; catered lunches on Fridays
- A full suite of benefits, including medical, vision, dental, 401k match, and generous parental leave
- Best-in-class compensation plans, as well as company equity – everyone has a stake in our growth
- A light but frequent agile performance review process, to encourage ongoing transparency between managers and direct reports
- Unlimited vacation days
- Partnership with a Concierge Health Care service, allowing you to book same-day appointments and get 24/7 medical advice
- Student loan repayment program, enabling you to potentially pay down thousands in your loan
NewsCred is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, promoting and hiring a diverse workforce. We believe that diversity is an essential part of a healthy workplace and that inclusivity means more than just good intentions.
Please, no third-party resumes for this role. Candidates submitted by agencies will not be reviewed.