At NewsCred, our mission is to change the way marketing organizations work, elevating team performance through an integrated approach to marketing.
NewsCred is the global leader in enterprise content marketing. We offer a three-prong solution across 1) best-in-class technology, 2) the largest and most diverse content offerings, and 3) strategic professional services, rooted in the expertise we’ve gained as the unrivaled market leader over the past 10+ years. We deliver this complete solution through a proven, repeatable methodology that ensures positive business outcomes for the world’s leading brands.
Learn more at newscred.com and follow us on Twitter @newscred
NewsCred is seeking a solutions consultant interested in joining a highly successful and growing SaaS start-up. The solutions consultant works in the pre-sales team and collaborates with the sales team to lead client discovery and pitch tailored solutions. The responsibility of the pre-sales team is to enable the sales team to win more qualified deals and to do it faster. The pre-sales team plays a strategic role in the company’s success, is highly knowledgeable in product functionality, editorial service offerings, and is able to speak to content marketing strategies to inspire content marketers.
Location and Travel: NYC based, less than 20% travel.
- Help the prospect visualize themselves in the solution
- Convince buyers that the solution benefits will far outweigh any perceived risk
- Deliver the product demo to individual customers and create customized experiences when necessary
- Ownership of technical/product-focused RFPs and security questionnaires
- Explain technical details to the technical buyers
- Translate business needs of a prospect/client into a technical framework around the NewsCred offering, then re-translate that in layman business terms
- Have a firm grip of your existing product, have the ability to intelligently communicate the roadmap
- Articulate the value the NewsCred product can provide without overwhelming the client with technical jargon
- Lead discovery sessions asking questions to understand customer needs and translating business objectives into software/services requirements
- Leverages product understanding to provide technical expertise to the NewsCred sales team and prospect through prospect needs, overcome objections, technical sales presentations, product demonstrations, and produce proof of concepts as well as technically close deals
- Participates in the consultation to prospective users and/or product capability assessment and validation
- Establishes relationships and engages with the technical personnel at a prospective customer to identify opportunities and sell NewsCred products and services.
- Lead technical differentiation in the context of the competitive set as an internal expert in our market position
- Pro-actively maintain expertise of NewsCred technologies via personal enablement and internal training offerings
- Provides regular and efficient updates on assigned accounts to Solutions Consulting management.
- Creates and delivers technical product training sessions to partners and peers
- Work closely with product marketing and engineering teams to collaborate on customer solutions
- Maintain technical and business knowledge of marketing technology applications, industry direction, and trends
- Maintain working knowledge of competitive offerings and architectures
- Assist with preparation of proposals, statements of work, and supporting documents for customers
- Prepare and maintain a library of custom platform demonstration environments, mock-ups and stories of customer solutions
- BA or BS in a technical field is a plus
- 5+ years working in a martech software company in a client-facing role, preferably implementing or managing customer's success as part of a sales team
- Strong understanding in integrated marketing and content marketing
- Strong understanding of digital marketing/product experiences and an understanding of how they connect brands and consumers.
- A great SC will have a strong mix of technical prowess, business acumen, salesmanship, communication skills (written and verbal), and likeability
- Ability to effectively present to audiences and adjust to the level of role and understanding
- Ability to uncover business challenges and objectives and develop a documented custom solution to tackle those challenges
- Ability to develop and effectively communicate business cases and justifications to prospects and stakeholders
- Sales and/or pre-sales experience with SaaS/Cloud products; experience in a marketing performance environment with a solid understanding of data mining; middleware and integration software; storage systems & management; network and information systems; SEO/SEM marketing
Why You’ll Love Working Here
- Our culture is the most important thing we offer: a place to do your best work and a chance for your voice to be heard in a democratic environment as we shape a high-growth space. Learn more in our “How We Work” document
- All-hands Demo Days on Wednesdays; catered lunches on Fridays
- A full suite of benefits, including medical, vision, dental, 401k match, and generous parental leave
- Best-in-class compensation plans, as well as company equity – everyone has a stake in our growth
- A light but frequent agile performance review process, to encourage ongoing transparency between managers and direct reports
- Unlimited vacation days
- Partnership with a Concierge Health Care service, allowing you to book same-day appointments and get 24/7 medical advice
- Student loan repayment program, enabling you to potentially pay down thousands in your loan
NewsCred is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, promoting and hiring a diverse workforce. We believe that diversity is an essential part of a healthy workplace and that inclusivity means more than just good intentions.