NewsBreak is redefining the way users interact with local news and their communities. By bridging local users, local content creators, and local businesses, our mission is to foster safer, more vibrant, and authentically connected lives. Through robust collaborations with thousands of local publishers and businesses across the nation, NewsBreak is revolutionizing how a new wave of readers access and engage with essential, locally sourced content & information.
Since our inception in 2015, our trajectory has been nothing short of remarkable. We proudly stand as the nation’s premier local news app, boasting 60 million monthly active users and clinching the top spot in the news category on both Google Play and the App Store.
As a profitable, Series-C unicorn startup, our headquarter nestles in the tech hub of Mountain View, California, with other offices in New York City and Seattle. For more information, visit www.newsbreak.com/about
Mountain View, California, United States
New York, New York, United States
Bellevue, Washington, United States
About the Role
The Programmatic AdOps Manager will be responsible for managing – from beginning to end – our programmatic efforts. The position is designed to enable Newsbreak to continue expanding our sales efforts, optimizing deal delivery, leveraging tech and data, and further driving revenue as an ambassador of our programmatic portfolio. This is a highly collaborative position that will work closely with our Sales, Account Management, Pub Dev and Tech teams to optimize our programmatic business on behalf of both our demand and supply partners.
The right candidate has a deep understanding of the programmatic advertising ecosystem as well as programmatic auction mechanics. Further candidates must have hands-on AdOps experience running programmatic Ads on GAM. The candidate is expected to be able to independently debug and investigate integration and tracking issues with various platforms used in programmatic Ads. Experience such as buyer – DSP level – or Publisher platform is a plus.
Newsbreak’s programmatic Ads is a product that is early yet having a very fast growth trajectory, and has a very strong sales team allocated. This role would be one of the first dedicated OPs person on this product and the influence and responsibility will quickly grow together with the product, and as one of the early members of the product group, we expect a lot of collaboration with R&D to help shape the product.
- Oversee programmatic campaigns from start to finish and ensure campaigns launch successfully
- Support RFP effort of sales team for programmatic Ads, pull inventory and pricing and provide estimates with different targeting applied. Collaborate with sales and AM to come up with proper targeting strategy. Collaborate with PMs to research and confirm the platform capabilities that are required for campaign delivery.
- Troubleshoot campaign delivery issues communicating with platform reps, support teams, and buy side
- Traffic PMPs & PGs in GAM and other SSPs
- Understand campaign KPIs to make real-time optimizations
- Ensure ad partners are serving ads that meet ad-quality standards; investigate issues with partners and ad-quality vendors
- Report and analyze various campaign data to identify actionable insights
- 3+ years of experience running programmatic campaigns on GAM or GAM360, including PD, PG, PMP. familiarity with other SSPs is a plus
- Have managed campaigns with significant scale
- Bachelor’s degree
- Deep understanding and experience of ad-serving technologies (SSP, DSP)
- Robust comprehension of Advertising technologies (Tracking pixels, Ad protocols, targeting, cookies, ifa, DMPs, Nielsen DAR)
- Deep understanding and experience of viewability/quality measurement services (MOAT, DV, IAS) and has experience investigating discrepancies between 1st party report and 3rd party reports
- Deep understanding and experience of performance tracking services like Floodlight, Videoamp, etc, and has experience investigating discrepancies between 1st party report and 3rd party reports
- Experience with 3rd party serving platforms like DCM/CM360
- Solid analytical skills in spreadsheets, experience with inventory estimation with targeting criterias
- Experience with DSPs is a plus
We offer competitive benefits package:
- Health, dental, and vision care for you and your family
- Top-tier 401(K) plan with company matching
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- FSA and commuter benefits programs
- Team activity budget