NewLimit is a biotechnology company working to radically extend human healthspan. We’re developing medicines to treat age-related diseases by reprogramming the epigenome, a new therapeutic mechanism to restore regenerative potential in aged and diseased cells. We leverage functional genomics, pooled perturbation screening, and machine learning models to unravel the biology of epigenetic aging and disease using experiments of unprecedented scale.
NewLimit is seeking a Laboratory Manager with experience in a life science laboratory setting to join our Operations team. Our Operations team is focused on increasing the speed and efficiency of our scientific research programs so we can deliver more value to patients, more quickly. As a Laboratory Manager, you’ll work closely with scientists and engineers to set up infrastructure and processes that accelerate our pace of discovery.
What you’ll do
- Work with our team of scientists and engineers to build and operate a world-class functional genomics lab, taking on different challenges every week.
- Procure equipment, maintain lab infrastructure, manage inventory, and increase the efficiency of NewLimit’s research operations
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors across the biomedical research industry
- Find operational bottlenecks and fix them
- Serve as the point-person for equipment, inventory management, and procurement, coordinating between scientists and Facilities, Finance, and Operations
- Ensure that laboratory safety, chemical hygiene, waste treatment, and foreign agent testing programs meet the federal, state, and local government guidelines
- Bachelor’s degree in the natural sciences or 4+ years of lab experience
- Experience in a cell biology, molecular biology, genomics or similar laboratory setting
- Strong communications and organizational skills
- Ability to identify inefficient processes and fix them
Nice to have
- Experience in a functional genomics laboratory
- Hands-on research experience in cell or molecular biology; familiarity with cell culture, cloning, and NGS library preparation reagents and tools
- Experience with procurement & purchasing systems
- Experience with environmental health & safety
- Experience using lab inventory and sample management systems
NewLimit offers generous benefits to ensure our team can focus on our mission:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid parental leave
- Industry-leading paid time off (PTO) — 20 days/year for all employees + holidays
- Meals and snacks on-site
Salary Range: 90,000 to $140,000. Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience. NewLimit offers a competitive benefits package, which includes a 401k, healthcare coverage, and 20 days of PTO. Learn more at: https://www.newlimit.com/careers *This compensation and benefits information is based on Company's good faith estimate as of the date of publication and may be modified in the future.