NewLimit is a biotechnology company working to radically extend human healthspan. We’re developing medicines to treat age-related diseases by reprogramming the epigenome, a new therapeutic mechanism to restore regenerative potential in aged and diseased cells. We leverage functional genomics, pooled perturbation screening, and machine learning models to unravel the biology of epigenetic aging and disease using experiments of unprecedented scale.
NewLimit is seeking a Senior/Research Associate with experience in cell biology or immunology to join our Immunology team. One of our initial therapeutic programs is developing an epigenetic reprogramming intervention to rejuvenate aged and exhausted T lymphocytes for cell therapy applications. In this role, you will help develop culture systems and perform functional assays to evaluate the effectiveness of our therapeutic candidates and enable the development of new medicines.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with our Single Cell Technology, Epigenetic Editing, and Predictive Modeling teams to design, build, and test epigenetic reprogramming interventions for aged and exhausted T cells
- Isolate human and mouse T cells using FACS, MACS, and density gradient separation
- Perform flow cytometry to characterize immune cell populations
- Perform functional and phenotypic assays to assess the therapeutic activity of T cell populations
- Deliver epigenetic reprogramming perturbations to primary T cells using multiple transgenic manipulation methods (e.g. viral vector, lipofection)
- BS in cell biology, immunology, or a related natural science and 2+ years of work experience in a cell/molecular biology laboratory (academic or industry setting)
- Proficiency performing flow cytometry and/or FACS independently, and experience with accompanying data analysis (e.g. FlowJo)
- Proficiency with mammalian cell culture
- Exceptional organizational skills, as demonstrated by detailed record-keeping in lab notebook and an ability to effectively carry out multiple ongoing projects or experiments
Nice to have
- Experience with primary immune cell isolation using MACS and/or density gradient separation (e.g. Ficoll, Percoll, Lymphoprep, etc.)
- Experience performing T cell functional assays (e.g. proliferation, cytokine, cytotoxicity)
- Experience using computational tools to automate routine data analysis (e.g. Python programming, Unix)
NewLimit offers generous benefits to ensure our team can focus on our mission:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid parental leave
- Industry-leading paid time off (PTO) — 20 days/year for all employees + holidays
- Meals and snacks on-site
Salary Range: $55,000 to $98,000. Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience. NewLimit offers a competitive benefits package, which includes a 401k, healthcare coverage, and 20 days of PTO. Learn more at: https://www.newlimit.com/careers *This compensation and benefits information is based on Company's good faith estimate as of the date of publication and may be modified in the future.