NewLimit is a biotechnology company working to radically extend human healthspan. We’re developing medicines to treat age-related diseases by reprogramming the epigenome, a new therapeutic mechanism to restore regenerative potential in aged and diseased cells. We leverage functional genomics, pooled perturbation screening, and machine learning models to unravel the biology of epigenetic aging and disease using experiments of unprecedented scale.
NewLimit is seeking an immunologist with experience in cell therapy or functional genomics to join our Immunology team. One of our initial therapeutic programs is developing an epigenetic reprogramming intervention to rejuvenate aged and exhausted T lymphocytes for cell therapy applications. In this role, you will develop and perform immunology assays, contribute to team decision making, and serve as a subject matter expert within NewLimit to enable our therapeutic development efforts.
As a Scientist on our team, you will:
- Collaborate with our Single Cell Technology, Epigenetic Editing, and Predictive Modeling teams to design, build, and test epigenetic reprogramming interventions for aged and exhausted lymphocytes
- Develop scalable functional and phenotypic assays to predict the therapeutic activity of T cell populations
- Evaluate epigenetic reprogramming payloads using ex vivo and in vivo functional assays to select therapeutic candidates
- Develop methods for in vitro and in vivo delivery of nucleic acid payloads to primary T cells in collaboration with our Epigenetic Editing team
- Analyze and interpret experimental data to drive pre-clinical decision making
- Ph.D. in cell biology, immunology or a related field or equivalent industry experience (5+ years)
- Experience with primary immune cell isolation, expansion, stimulation, and functional characterization (T cells preferred)
- Experience with molecular cloning and ex vivo transgenic manipulation of immune cells (e.g. viral transduction, lipofection)
- Experience with multi-dimensional flow cytometry and immune cell functional assays
Nice to have
- Experience with functional genomics and next generation sequencing assays
- Experience with single cell genomics methods
- Experience with pooled screening approaches using bulk or single cell read-outs (e.g. CRISPR fitness screens, Perturb/CROP-seq)
- Experience with T cell therapy products in an academic, pre-clinical, or clinical setting
- Knowledge of aging biology and computational biology (Python programming, NGS analysis)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Industry-leading paid time off (PTO) -- 20 days/year for all employees + holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Meals and snacks on-site
Salary Range: $113,000 to $171,000. Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience. NewLimit offers a competitive benefits package, which includes a 401k, healthcare coverage, and 20 days of PTO. Learn more at: https://www.newlimit.com/careers *This compensation and benefits information is based on Company's good faith estimate as of the date of publication and may be modified in the future.