NewLimit is a biotechnology company working to radically extend human healthspan. We’re developing medicines to treat age-related diseases by reprogramming the epigenome, a new therapeutic mechanism to restore regenerative potential in aged and diseased cells. We leverage functional genomics, pooled perturbation screening, and machine learning models to unravel the biology of epigenetic aging and disease using experiments of unprecedented scale.
NewLimit is seeing an outstanding data scientist to join our Predictive Modeling or Single Cell Genomics teams. Data-driven predictive modeling is one of the key enabling technologies of our research program, allowing us to predict the outcome and prioritize the next round of experiments to guide the design of our therapies.
As a data scientist on our team, you will:
- Coordinate with Epigenetic Editing, Single Cell Genomics, and Predictive Modeling teams to design, analyze, and interpret biological experiments utilizing single-cell multi-omics data.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of primary and secondary analysis software.
- Contribute to the design, decision making, and implementation of NewLimit’s technology platform.
- PhD degree in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computational Biology, Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent.
- Expertise analyzing and interpreting single multi-omics datasets (e.g. scRNA, scATAC, scCUT&TAG, etc.)
- Expertise in single cell bioinformatics tools (demultiplexing, alignment, quality control analysis).
- Fluency in software engineering methodologies and bioinformatics tooling.
Fluency in machine learning applications to diverse cell biology/multi-omics datasets.
Nice to have
- Significant experience with Python data science tools (Numpy, SciPy, Pandas, Scanpy, etc.)
- Fluency with modern cloud computing environments.
- Strong Python programming and Unix workflow management skills.
- Experience with standard molecular biology workflows — cloning, PCR, standard transfection/transduction techniques
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Industry-leading paid time off (PTO) -- 20 days/year for all employees + holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Meals and snacks on-site
Salary Range: $125,000 to $170,000. Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience. NewLimit offers a competitive benefits package, which includes a 401k, healthcare coverage, and 20 days of PTO. Learn more at: https://www.newlimit.com/careers *This compensation and benefits information is based on Company's good faith estimate as of the date of publication and may be modified in the future.