NewLimit is a biotechnology company working to radically extend human healthspan. We’re developing medicines to treat age-related diseases by reprogramming the epigenome, a new therapeutic mechanism to restore regenerative potential in aged and diseased cells. We leverage functional genomics, pooled perturbation screening, and machine learning models to unravel the biology of epigenetic aging and disease using experiments of unprecedented scale.
NewLimit is seeking an outstanding Machine Learning Engineer to join our Predictive Modeling group. Data-driven predictive modeling is one of the key enabling technologies of our research program, allowing us to predict the outcome and prioritize the next round of experiments to guide the design of our therapies.
As a Machine Learning Engineer you will:
- Work closely with genomics, sequencing, and molecular biology experts to integrate internal and external datasets to drive experiment design and predict the outcome of the next rounds of experiments
- Collaborate with our Predictive Modeling team to create scalable data and model management infrastructure.
- Drive a culture of automation with the improvement of predictive modeling results through reproducible pipelines and continuous integration.
- MS in Machine Learning, Software Engineering, or related field or equivalent industry experience (3+ years)
- Demonstrated ability to enable team members with high quality code, artifacts, and best practices.
- Experience training and hosting various types of ML algorithms
- Highly self-motivated, intellectually curious, and excited to thrive in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary, and team-oriented start-up environment.
Nice to have
- M.S., Ph.D., or equivalent in Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or related disciplines.
- Fluency with modern cloud computing environments.
- 2+ years contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Expertise in Python data science tools (Numpy, SciPy, Pandas, etc.) and deep learning frameworks (PyTorch, Tensorflow, Jax, etc).