NewLimit is a biotechnology company working to radically extend human healthspan. We’re developing medicines to treat age-related diseases by reprogramming the epigenome, a new therapeutic mechanism to restore regenerative potential in aged and diseased cells. We leverage functional genomics, pooled perturbation screening, and machine learning models to unravel the biology of epigenetic aging and disease using experiments of unprecedented scale.
NewLimit is seeking a Senior/Research Associate with experience in molecular biology to join our Single Cell Technology group. Single cell genomics is one of the key enabling technologies for our research program, allowing us to measure the transcriptional and epigenetic state of millions of cells to guide the design of our therapies.
As a member of our team, you will:
- Collaborate with our Epigenetic Perturbations team to perform large-scale, single cell perturbation experiments with custom chemistries
- Perform state-of-the-art single cell profiling experiments to map epigenetic features of age-related disease and evaluate interventions
- Contribute to scaling and improving single cell genomics assays using multiple molecular approaches
- Isolate, culture, and prepare cells for single cell profiling experiments
- Build recombinant DNA vectors to enable large-scale single cell perturbation experiments
- Bachelor’s degree in cell biology, molecular biology, or a related natural science or industry experience
- 2+ years of work experience in a cell or molecular biology laboratory (academic or industry)
- Experience with molecular cloning, nucleic acid analysis (spectrometry, gel electrophoresis), and related molecular biology methods
- Experience with mammalian cell culture or primary cell isolation
Nice to have
- Experience with single cell genomics methods
- Experience with next-generation sequencing assays and functional genomics
- Experience with epigenetic reprogramming methods for cell fate engineering or targeted epigenetic editing
- Computational skills for next-generation sequencing analysis (Python programming, Unix)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Industry-leading paid time off (PTO) -- 20 days/year for all employees + holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Meals and snacks on-site
Salary Range: $55,000 to $98,000. Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience. NewLimit offers a competitive benefits package, which includes a 401k, healthcare coverage, and 20 days of PTO. Learn more at: https://www.newlimit.com/careers *This compensation and benefits information is based on Company's good faith estimate as of the date of publication and may be modified in the future.