You're looking for a team where you can drive decisions, be challenged and build a powerful and novel product. You want to collaborate with smart, creative, and energetic people. You’re comfortable with being uncomfortable. You look for projects where you can learn new technologies and techniques. You’re comfortable designing, developing, testing, and launching software. You’re creative. And if this sounds like you, you sound like someone we want on our team.
We're creating a platform to help understand and explore online communities. Day-to-day you’ll work with a rapidly growing team of software engineers, front end engineers, and data-scientists. You'll build out systems that can scale and are reliable. Collaborating will be huge, and there's a lot to do - there's no shortage of exciting work. There are a lot of resources available to us and you'll be early in the company. You’ll have a huge impact.
New Knowledge is on a mission to defend public discourse. We build products that repair online communities, identify manipulation, and help them communicate more authentically. In a world where social media is being manipulated on a massive scale, this is no small task. We care about protecting communities, brands, and companies from being targeted by the spreading of disinformation. The kind of people who work with us have to be passionate about that challenge and mission.
While we take our mission very seriously, we are also a team of fun-loving, laid-back, self described geeks who love tacos and topo chico.
Important things in no particular order:
- We have revenue and are VC funded, but this isn’t a Redbull-fueled, brogrammer kind of place.
- The company is based in Austin, and we give preference to candidates who already live in Austin.
- We're building applications from scratch and have the ability to build in the most relevant, latest technologies.
What you'll do:
- Build and design large scale data pipelines to handle a batch and real time analytics using cluster computing tools like Hadoop or Spark to deploy ML models
- Work closely with data scientists and the business to frequently experiment to achieve product goals
- Build systems that are reliable and scalable
- Lead the effort to build and maintain data warehouses necessary to store large amounts of analytics
- Build and optimize queries to service our analysis and product APIs
- Design database schemas and data lake stores
Who you are:
- You have at least 3 years experience with high volume heterogeneous data using distributed computing tools
- You’re interested in working with, and understanding machine learning models
- You’re comfortable with Python
- You have a passion for performance tuning
- You’re comfortable experimenting, and care about building reliable software
- You’re creative and tenacious - you don’t give up
- You understand the value and enjoy working as a part of a team
- Building cool things that work excites you
- You thrive off the energy and pace of a small team
- You’re adaptable and looking for new things to work on
- Competitive salary and healthcare
- A business that trusts and embraces technology
- A leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
- Use your preference of tools and hardware
- Flexible work hours
- Ability to work from home
- Lots of available and free parking
- Unlimited vacation (and no, that is not code for you never take a vacation, we encourage and value time off)
- Stocked kitchen full of healthy snacks
- Professional development opportunities