Working Configuration: Hybrid (3+ days a week in office)
Office Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Reports To: VP Marketing
Who We Are - About NewGlobe
NewGlobe works with visionary governments around the world to dramatically improve the quality of basic education. Founded in 2007, we partner with governments to provide integrated school management, teacher professional development, instructional design innovation, technological system support, child-centered classroom practice, and parent engagement -- all grounded in learning science -- to ensure each teacher is empowered to engage children in transformational learning, Our data-driven approach has been validated by a Nobel-winning researcher and recognition by international leaders in Education. We imagine a world where all children can access an education that unlocks their full potential.
NewGlobe’s work is all encompassing and will challenge you to use your full mind, and heart, each day. We need bright minds who want to be part of building a new globe -- a more equitable globe -- to join us. More information: newglobe.education
About the Role
We are looking for a communications leader who will help our communications team drive awareness, affinity and engagement for the NewGlobe organization, and, of equal importance, the eight (and counting!) government programs spanning the globe for which we are their technical partner.
Building top-down messaging strategies on how our mission aligns to the value our government partners experience is a must. However, creating the processes to identify key stories from the field—students learning to read, teachers being trained on how to use new technologies and pedagogies, administrators and politicians reviewing real time dashboards to make data-informed decisions—and elevating and amplifying those stories via social media, digital properties, and print publications, is just as central to this role. A central goal of NewGlobe’s marketing and communications department is to make our government partners famous for the work we help them perform to transform their education programs, and this role is vital in achieving that goal.
Collecting and amplifying moments of impact is how movements are made. The role of the Senior Director, Global Communications is to do just that.
What You Will Do
- Own the global communications strategy, with input and alignment across key executive and regional stakeholders
- Provide exceptional performance and program management for our regional communications team of 20 employees (and growing)
- Manage the regional communications team, and ensure their communications campaigns, both regionally and for our government partnerships, are optimised for success.
- Work with our government counterparts’ leadership and communications teams to ensure our strategies are aligned to prioritise the right audiences, messages, and channels.
- Build and execute communications campaigns that drive excitement about our programs, and inspire action
- Coordinate and support global initiatives that drive NewGlobe’s stature as a thought leader in the space—award submissions, global media coverage, panel invitations and conference presentations
- Establish and maintain clear goals and measurement frameworks for communications initiatives
What You Should Have
- Experience managing a large team of communications professionals, ideally geographically distributed
- Strong track record of communications work in Sub-Saharan Africa and/or Southern Asia
- Direct experience managing political campaigns and/or government program campaigns preferred
- Experience developing and delivering comprehensive media strategies and campaigns, with a bias toward digital properties
- Experience working within, and managing teams in a globally matrixed organization
- Direct experience managing crisis communications
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in progressively larger scope people and project management positions
- A strong portfolio of either pitched and placed media coverage
Values of Successful Employees at NewGlobe
We are looking for new joiners who are energized by our mission and share our values.
Detailed doers, creative problem-solvers, relentless advocate, malleable learners, data-driven decision-makers and curious investigators do well at NewGlobe. Learn more about our values and how to succeed as a job-seeker at NewGlobe // Bridge on our LinkedIn page.
What we Offer
- The opportunity to make a difference for children every day at a proven, internationally recognized, mission-driven company
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (for you and your family) as well as life, AD&D, and disability insurance
- Flexible hybrid working or remote arrangement
- 20 days paid leave
What to Expect from the Interview Process
We have a rigorous, merit based hiring process. The process is designed to simulate the essential parts of the job and introduce you to your role in the business should you join our team. Apply via our website.
- A screening interview with XX from the TA team
- A functional interview with YY from the hiring team
- A brainstorming/ideation session with the hiring manager
We will never ask for payment as part of the interview process and we are committed to a fair process free of discrimination based on gender, race, ethnicity, citizenship or disability.