Working Configuration: Hybrid (3 days a week in office)
Office Location: Cambridge, MA
Reports To: Instructional Design Manager
Who We Are - About NewGlobe
NewGlobe is working with visionary governments around the world to dramatically improve the quality of basic education. Founded in 2007, we partner with governments to provide integrated school management, teacher professional development, instructional design innovation, technological system support, child-centered classroom practice, and parent engagement -- all grounded in learning science -- to ensure each teacher is empowered to engage children in transformational learning, Our data-driven approach has been validated by a Nobel-winning researcher and recognition by international leaders in Education. We imagine a world where all children can access an education that unlocks their full potential.
NewGlobe’s work is all encompassing and will challenge you to use your full mind, and heart, each day. We need bright minds who want to be part of building a new globe -- a more equitable globe -- to join us. More information: newglobe.education
About The Role
- As an Instructional Design Associate, you join a team working to make a difference in the world. In the markets we serve, the number of pupils attending school is soaring, but the quality of most schools, according to international experts, is low. Writers join our Instructional Design department to invest time in producing quality learning materials to improve thousands of children’s daily academic experience.
- As an Instructional Design Associate on the French team, you will create a French reading curriculum including “teacher guides'' (daily lesson plans delivered by e-reader), textbooks, and other materials as a means to improve learning gains among pupils in countries where French is the primary language of instruction.
What You Will Do
- Write and build French lesson materials as assigned under an instructional plan, such as teacher guides, exams, and textbook content
- Edit lesson materials (teacher guides, textbooks, exams) to ensure they are free of errors and inconsistencies
- Adhere to formatting and delivery requirements, including aspects of print production, such as writing art specs and styling manuscripts
- Participate in ongoing training in instructional design and pedagogy
What You Should Have
- A bachelor’s degree in education, French, linguistics, or similar field.
- Proficiency in French, as demonstrated through a program of study, work experience and / or certification. Native / bilingual speakers encouraged to apply.
- Experience in early childhood or elementary education and strong interest in global education.
- Drive to remain engaged even with repetitive assignments.
What We Offer
- Opportunity for impact: The opportunity to directly impact the experiences of over one million children at a proven, internationally recognized, mission-driven company
- Flexible hybrid working arrangement.
- Health + Dental insurance
- 20 paid leave days (excluding public holidays) and 6 sick days
- Career Mobility: Embrace growth and mobility across teams as our organization's needs expand rapidly
Values Of Successful Employees At NewGlobe
We are looking for new joiners who are energized by our mission and share our values.
Detailed doers, creative problem-solvers, relentless advocates, malleable learners, data-driven decision-makers and curious investigators do well at NewGlobe. Learn more about our values and how to succeed as a job-seeker at NewGlobe // Bridge on our LinkedIn page.
What To Expect From The Interview Process
We have a rigorous, merit-based hiring process. The process is designed to simulate the essential parts of the job and introduce you to your role in the business should you join our team. Apply via our website.
- A screening interview with a member of the TA team
- A Performance Task
- A functional interview with the reporting manager
- A values interview with a member of the hiring team
- A reference Check