Working Configuration: Hybrid
Locations Available: Lagos, NG
Reports To: VP, Marketing
Who We Are - About NewGlobe
NewGlobe works with visionary governments around the world to dramatically improve the quality of basic education. Founded in 2007, we partner with governments to provide integrated school management, teacher professional development, instructional design innovation, technological system support, child-centered classroom practice, and parent engagement -- all grounded in learning science -- to ensure each teacher is empowered to engage children in transformational learning, Our data-driven approach has been validated by a Nobel-winning researcher and recognition by international leaders in Education. We imagine a world where all children can access an education that unlocks their full potential.
NewGlobe’s work is all encompassing and will challenge you to use your full mind, and heart, each day. We need bright minds who want to be part of building a new globe -- a more equitable globe -- to join us. More information: newglobe.education
About the Role
NewGlobe’s unique Education Transformation System is empirically proven to help governments improve education outcomes at significant scale—regardless of students’ gender, wealth, location, parental education level, or home language spoken. We, and our government partners, are thought leaders in this space, and events are a key part of our marketing and communications strategy to drive awareness, affinity, and business development for our programs.
What You Will Do
- Spearhead NewGlobe’s event and tradeshow strategy, including identifying and evaluating key events, internal team training and coordination for attendees, pre-and post show communications, and event attendance
- Working alongside VP Marketing, negotiate and execute contracts for large and small scale events
- Be key on the ground support for events across Africa
- Coordinate with and provide expertise support for local teams in USA, and Asia
- Be strategic and key on the ground support for key global events like Education World Forum in London and Davos Conference in Switzerland
- Along with trade shows, evaluate and recommend the opportunities for building NewGlobe specific events per regions supported
- Be the “first hire” to build a dedicated events team for NewGlobe as it continues to grow and scale
- Build and support the execution of a unique “school visit in a box” initiative for educational and business development goals
- Analyze, track and report event ROI and recommendations for program improvements
- Liaise closely with field teams to execute events when not attending
- Work directly with field marketing and policy and partnership teams to help them identify which events—and types of events—will best support securing government partnerships at various stages of development
What You Should Have
- 7+ years of marketing or related discipline, ideally in event marketing and event management
- Proven experience and track record of carrying out event marketing campaigns, including planning, pre and post event followup, and campaign reporting
- Highly organized. You will want to turn event planning into a science at NewGlobe, with repeatable plans and templates that can scale as the team grows
- You should have the desire to put your event marketing skills to work for a great mission: helping improved education outcomes for students across the world
- Experience partnering with enterprise sales teams
- A strong bias to action—see a problem, propose a solution!
- Experience working in a matrixed global organization a plus
- Direct experience working with teams in Sub-Saharan Africa and/or South Asia a big plus
- Creating presentations for events
What We Offer
- The opportunity to make a difference for children every day at a proven, internationally recognized, mission-driven company
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (for you and your family) as well as life, AD&D, and disability insurance
- Flexible hybrid working or remote arrangement
- 20 days paid leave
Values of Successful Employees at NewGlobe
We are looking for new joiners who are energized by our mission and share our values.
Detailed doers, creative problem-solvers, relentless advocates, malleable learners, data-driven decision-makers and curious investigators do well at NewGlobe. Learn more about our values and how to succeed as a job-seeker at NewGlobe // Bridge on our LinkedIn page.
What to Expect from the Interview Process
We have a rigorous, merit-based hiring process. The process is designed to simulate the essential parts of the job and introduce you to your role in the business should you join our team. Apply via our website.
- A screening interview with the TA team
- A functional interview with the hiring team
- An opportunity to showcase your work through a short project
- An onsite final interview