Officer, People Operations
North East India
Who We Are
NewGlobe supports visionary governments to transform public education systems, the cornerstone of a prosperous, equitable, and peaceful society.
With a comprehensive system transformation platform and data-driven educational services, NewGlobe delivers rapid and dramatic improvements in learning outcomes at state and nationwide scale. Through building impactful partnerships and programmes, NewGlobe ensures that all children have access to an education that will develop their full potential and create a foundation for growth and prosperity.
NewGlobe leverages more than a decade of educational experience and proven impact in integrated school management, teacher professional development, instructional design innovation, technological system support, child-centered classroom practice, and parent engagement -- all grounded in learning science -- to ensure each teacher is empowered to engage children in transformational learning, and all children have the opportunity to develop to their full potential. Every day, NewGlobe supports governments to solve what were once seen as intractable problems, and by doing so, ensures this generation will be able to grow up to lead more fulfilled lives, while simultaneously building economic prosperity for themselves, their communities, and the globe.
NewGlobe’s high-touch, intensive professional development programs, along with integrated school management, teacher support, and assessment software, enable schools to succeed. NewGlobe works within state and national curriculum and syllabi, ensuring all children are empowered to learn their own history, and master local content, while being globally competitive in mathematics and languages. The science of behaviour change and the science of learning is at the foundation of all programming.
NewGlobe works with urgency because youth quickly becomes adulthood and relentlessly because improvement requires continuous problem-solving. NewGlobe is honoured to serve and to help rebuild trust in public systems.
NewGlobe’s work is all encompassing and will challenge you to use your full mind, and heart, each day. We need bright minds who want to be part of building a new globe -- a more equitable globe -- to join us.
Our people are at the core of what we do, and supporting a diverse workforce that spans many industries, and many cultures, while at the same time keeping everyone aligned to our mission and mandate takes focus and determination. We work at massive scale. We are responsible for ensuring we support each team member to succeed, aligned to business goals and constraints. We are responsible for our human capital, including but not limited to all aspects of people operations including payroll, compensation and benefits; administration of all offices and support functions; and employee engagement. We are data-driven, and leverage technology to make both informed and efficient decisions and work processes. We are the champions of our values. We value continuous learning and extensive collaboration, and have a strong focus on performance. We are evidence-based, outcomes driven and lead through service.
People Operations manages each employee's life cycle with us, with a focus on contracting, benefits, compensation, payroll, and date-driven performance management. We are the first point of contact on most issues for our team members, ensuring our policies support and encourage a strong and effective team. Working across hundreds to thousands of employees, we work at scale, with large amounts of data, leveraging technology to improve employee systems and support.
About the Role
The People Operations Team is responsible for all the touchpoints of managing the employee lifecycle, including but not limited to offer letters, contracts, benefits, performance management tools, and employee off-boarding with both local laws and company policies. People Operations uses data from employee lifecycle management to improve employee management and effectiveness, ensuring all components of the People Group are using data to drive decision-making. Effective programming within People Operations ensures that employees are seamlessly supported through their employment touchpoints, and that core employment structures and compensation strategies are used effectively to attract and retain high performing employees within the constraints of business operations.
The Officer, People Operations is responsible for supporting specific administrative, operational and quantitative tasks that contribute to attaining the above objectives of the People Operations Team. This role will report to the Manager, People Operations.
What You Will Do
- Separations Process: lead and support separations processes, including department, asset, and financial handovers - involves IT, Admin, and Payroll Accountant
- Onboarding Process: collaborate with teams from IT, Admin, etc. in ensuring that staff are successfully onboarded
- Payroll Verification: work with Payroll Accountant to ensure that all contractors and employees are properly represented with the right deductions/additions, if any. Generate monthly report for managers on headcount
- Staff Benefits: supporting staff with questions about health coverage, managing additions to coverage, dealing with other health coverage issues
- Asset Management: Ensure that all staff have the assets they need; deal with asset recovery processes and exchanges/one-off needs. Heavy interfacing with IT and Admin
- Leave Management: Assist employees with leave, generate monthly report for managers on leave balances
- Disciplinary Procedures: Work with the Manager, People Operations and Director, People as needed on managing these procedures
- Staff Documentation: Ensuring that offer letters, contracts, probation confirmations, and change of status documents are appropriately handled
What You Should Have
- Bachelor's degree from a reputable university.
- Minimum 2 years of full-time work experience after graduation from your undergraduate degree.
- Strong adherence to systems and processes.
- Experience working with a culturally and socioeconomically diverse workforce.
- Excellent email, Excel /spreadsheet, MS Word/word processing skills; technologically competent/quick learner.
- Work experience in fast-growth, rapid-scale contexts, particularly with large numbers of field staff.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- High energy and enthusiasm level; willingness to do whatever necessary to get the job done.
- Experience in a challenging, dynamic and complex business environment.
- You’re Also
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate – The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely on your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
- A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.