Who We Are
NewGlobe supports visionary governments to transform public education systems, the cornerstone of a prosperous, equitable, and peaceful society.
With a comprehensive system transformation platform and data-driven educational services, NewGlobe delivers rapid and dramatic improvements in learning outcomes at state and nationwide scale. Through building impactful partnerships and programmes, NewGlobe ensures that all children have access to an education that will develop their full potential and create a foundation for growth and prosperity.
NewGlobe leverages more than a decade of educational experience and proven impact in integrated school management, teacher professional development, instructional design innovation, technological system support, child-centered classroom practice, and parent engagement -- all grounded in learning science -- to ensure each teacher is empowered to engage children in transformational learning, and all children have the opportunity to develop to their full potential. Every day, NewGlobe supports governments to solve what were once seen as intractable problems, and by doing so, ensures this generation will be able to grow up to lead more fulfilled lives, while simultaneously building economic prosperity for themselves, their communities, and the globe.
NewGlobe’s high-touch, intensive professional development programs, along with integrated school management, teacher support, and assessment software, enable schools to succeed. NewGlobe works within state and national curriculum and syllabi, ensuring all children are empowered to learn their own history, and master local content, while being globally competitive in mathematics and languages. The science of behaviour change and the science of learning is at the foundation of all programming.
NewGlobe works with urgency because youth quickly becomes adulthood and relentlessly because improvement requires continuous problem-solving. NewGlobe is honoured to serve and to help rebuild trust in public systems.
NewGlobe’s work is all encompassing and will challenge you to use your full mind, and heart, each day. We need bright minds who want to be part of building a new globe -- a more equitable globe -- to join us.
The Finance Group partners with country and global leadership to achieve financial sustainability of our operations and make our mission come true. We provide strategic partnership to global leadership on raising capital and actionable feedback on our financial performance. We are continually focused on judicious use of resources whether for each one of our territories or for the entire organisation.
Across our rapidly scaling multi-unit enterprise, we provide leadership to build a world-class financial infrastructure. This includes the design and development of financial systems, policies, procedures (taking into account current and fast-growing high-volume transactions, teams, numbers of geographically distributed business units) and provision of shared services for financial operations by a centralised team specialising in Accounting, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Treasury and Financial Planning & Analysis.
About the Role
This role is critical as we expand to new countries and scales at an unprecedented rate. A finance person understands that credibility and trust are built on consistent accuracy. They don’t view a number as “just a number” but instead ensure they understand what it means so that they can help us profitably grow. While mistakes are inevitable, they are personally bothered by any mistake and so strive hard to minimize them. The Financial Analyst should love building Excel models that are efficient and well-designed and dream of SUMIF formulas in their sleep. The most successful analyst will be curious to dig into the business and need to master the details. Because we are a small finance team who will be rapidly growing, the candidate should be comfortable transforming ambiguity into solid planning models and actionable insights. The Financial Analyst shouldn’t view the role as a just a job but should appreciate that we are on a mission and must do whatever is required to get the job done.
What You Will Do
- Build KPIs and dashboards by connecting various systems together
- Provide reporting on progress on commitments
- Track risks & opportunities
- Create & improve reporting, models & templates for both financials and KPIs
- Conduct ad hoc analysis to identify trends, drive insights and decision making
- Find the narrative behind the numbers that connects everything together
What You Should Have
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics or related area; MBA is a plus
- Five to eight years of experience in finance or related roles
- Self-starter who is highly driven & reliably follows through
- Attentive to details and one who uses data to find trends
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel; you are fast and efficient working in Excel but know there is always more to learn
- Important: experience with Power BI, Power Query, Power Pivot, SQL, Tableau or VBA
- Bonus points: experience in building databases, cleaning data, building & maintaining ETL processes, Business Intelligence, writing code
- Solid understanding of the interplay between the three financial statements
- Experience developing financial reports and metrics
- Articulate communicator who can explain complex ideas simply and influence others
- Effective interpersonal skills
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, NewGlobe works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate –The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner –You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely on your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
- A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.