Associate, Digital Production
Who We Are
NewGlobe supports visionary governments to transform public education systems, the cornerstone of a prosperous, equitable, and peaceful society.
With a comprehensive system transformation platform and data-driven educational services, NewGlobe delivers rapid and dramatic improvements in learning outcomes at state and nationwide scale. Through building impactful partnerships and programmes, NewGlobe ensures that all children have access to an education that will develop their full potential and create a foundation for growth and prosperity.
NewGlobe leverages more than a decade of educational experience and proven impact in integrated school management, teacher professional development, instructional design innovation, technological system support, child-centered classroom practice, and parent engagement -- all grounded in learning science -- to ensure each teacher is empowered to engage children in transformational learning, and all children have the opportunity to develop to their full potential. Every day, NewGlobe supports governments to solve what were once seen as intractable problems, and by doing so, ensures this generation will be able to grow up to lead more fulfilled lives, while simultaneously building economic prosperity for themselves, their communities, and the globe.
NewGlobe’s high-touch, intensive professional development programs, along with integrated school management, teacher support, and assessment software, enable schools to succeed. NewGlobe works within state and national curriculum and syllabi, ensuring all children are empowered to learn their own history, and master local content, while being globally competitive in mathematics and languages. The science of behaviour change and the science of learning is at the foundation of all programming.
NewGlobe works with urgency because youth quickly becomes adulthood and relentlessly because improvement requires continuous problem-solving. NewGlobe is honoured to serve and to help rebuild trust in public systems.
NewGlobe’s work is all encompassing and will challenge you to use your full mind, and heart, each day. We need bright minds who want to be part of building a new globe -- a more equitable globe -- to join us.
The objective of the Academics group is to drive student achievement. To do so, we must know -- what is happening minute-by-minute for the typical child? The student’s daily experience, and thus the path to achievement, emerges from their relationship with the teachers and the content that is delivered in the classroom; thus, our team is collaboratively organised around these levers. We develop rigorous content pitched at the right level for students to be delivered by a teacher who is prepared to use them in the classroom. Our Instructional Design department builds the content; our Leadership & Development department trains teachers and school leaders using scientifically-proven techniques; our Learning Innovation department looks at cutting-edge research to generate breakthrough learning gains. Underpinning all of this is the work of the independent Measurement and Evaluation group, which provides Academics with an empirical orientation toward improving that daily experience and, in turn, driving achievement.
This department uses our native application - the "Scheduler” - to programme our academic calendars, timetables, and exams. This encompasses thousands of guides running weekly in multiple grade levels across all the countries in which we operate. The team works together to create meticulously programmed daily events that impact every school, and thrives with contribution of ultra detail-oriented team players, who welcome the challenge of a dynamic environment and have fun while working hard.
About the Role
Our Digital Production team is an international department with members in the US and India. We are looking for a candidate who excels at details, someone who can successfully ensure that the approximately 2,800 lessons taught each week are delivered to the right place at the right time. In this role, you’re accountable for ensuring digital instructional materials arrive safely in the hands of every teacher.
What You Will Do
- Use the tool known as the “Scheduler” to program the timetables on which our academies run, as well as details pertaining to exams
- Assure error-free programming through careful quality assurance work
- Understand how to use and navigate Xyleme, our content management system
- Know how to troubleshoot our word documents to ensure they are appearing properly on Xyleme, the “Scheduler”, and for teachers
- Work as part of a self-paced team, ensuring that all work is completed by the deadline
- Build a detailed map of the lessons that are delivered in each classroom on each day
- As needed, ensure successful upload of all files on time to allow academies time to download all content at least a week in advance of lesson delivery date
What You Should Have
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- A team-oriented approach
- Proficiency with Excel
- Consistent capacity to meet deadlines; meticulous attention to detail
- “Puzzle person” with an affinity for solving logic problems
- Ability to communicate concisely and clearly
- Desire to operate in a structured environment and to iterate on an organized and efficient system
- High degree of professionalism in communication and time-management
- Desire to engage creatively even with repetitive assignments
- Ability to execute tasks at a rapid pace without sacrificing quality of work (errors should be few and far between)
- Constant desire to look for ways to improve existing systems and adapt to new future systems.
- Working knowledge of XML, Content Management Systems, and Information Management Systems a plus
- 1-2 years work experience; candidates with experience in a technological support role will be highly preferred
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A networking mastermind – You excel at meeting new people and turning them into advocates. You communicate in a clear, conscientious, and effective way in both written and oral speech. You can influence strangers in the course of a single conversation. Allies and colleagues will go to bat for your ideas. You have an existing network from prior experience in the country, preferably in the regulatory, education, or business sectors.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, NewGlobe works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate –The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience,
- A malleable learner –You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.