Who We Are
NewGlobe is working with visionary governments around the world to dramatically improve the quality of basic education. Founded in 2007, we partner with governments to provide integrated school management, teacher professional development, instructional design innovation, technological system support, child-centered classroom practice, and parent engagement -- all grounded in learning science -- to ensure each teacher is empowered to engage children in transformational learning, Our data-driven approach has been validated by a Nobel-winning researcher and recognition by international leaders in Education. We imagine a world where all children can access an education that unlocks their full potential.
We need bright minds who want to be part of building a new globe -- a more equitable globe -- to join us. More information: newglobe.education
The Technology Group
Technology plays a critical role enabling us to provide transformative education at massive scale in highly resource constrained environments. This is one of the key elements that gives us the ability to deliver radically impactful programmes, creating brighter futures for a generation of children across the world each day. Technology spans several key functions, including product management, business intelligence, software development and IT operations.
Working with us, passionate technologists have a chance to directly change the world. No kidding.
Software Development Department
The software development department handles all aspects of delivery related to our custom software applications and services - everything that it takes to turn an idea into working software and delivering value to our users. The department is structured into cross-functional, self-organising teams that work together on projects, short and long, alongside product designers and key business stakeholders
About the Role
We are looking for a full time Full-Stack Engineer, Software Development to be part of one of our Amsterdam-based cross-functional software development teams, helping to build the software that powers our educational offering. The ideal candidate will have a strong customer focus, a track record of delivering high-quality products in a continuous delivery environment, and an appreciation for clean and simple code. NewGlobe especially values “T-shaped” team members – individuals with expertise in a particular area, but an interest in working across all parts of the technology stack and aspects of delivery.
What You Will Do
- Design, implement, and support new products and features.
- Ensure software is built with an eye towards quality, maintainability, and scalability.
- Collaborate with project sponsors to elaborate requirements and facilitate trade-offs that maximise customer value.
- Work with product and development teams to establish overall technical direction and product strategy
What You Should Have
- 3+ years of enterprise software development experience in C#, especially .NET Core, and relational databases, especially MS SQL Server and Vue.js in the front end.
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced, informal environment where constant change is the norm and the bar for quality is set high.
- Familiarity with continuous delivery practices and tools (e.g Jenkins, Bamboo, GoCD, Octopus).
- Experience in any of the following areas are a plus (and interest a must):
- Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Behaviour Driven Development (BDD)
- Cloud environments (esp. AWS) and Containerisation (Docker)
- Web stacks associated with single-page applications (SPAs) and progressive web applications (PWAs)
- Other languages and ecosystems (e.g. NodeJS, Ruby, functional languages, NoSQL DBs)
- NewGlobe is a strong supporter of open source projects – familiarity with OSS projects is a plus; contributions to open source projects is a big plus
Values of Successful Employees at NewGlobe
We are looking for new joiners who are energized by our mission and share our values.
Detailed doers, creative problem-solvers, relentless advocates, malleable learners, data-driven decision-makers and curious investigators do well at NewGlobe. Learn more about our values and how to succeed as a job-seeker at NewGlobe on our LinkedIn page.