Neuron is the leading shared e-scooter and e-bikes company in Australia and continues to grow rapidly. Neuron partners with cities to connect people and places in a safe, convenient and fun way. We are driven to help the world build a more prosperous and sustainable future through new ways of moving and connecting.
Neuron leads the industry in safety and technology, including developing our own e-scooters which are purpose built for sharing.
Our Workshop Supervisors are hands-on leaders of our workshop and warehouse team, monitoring the performance of our mechanics and the maintenance and repair of our Neuron e-scooters and e-bikes. Reporting into the City Operations Manager, a Workshop Supervisor also ensures that our warehouse is operating efficiently, safely and in accordance with Neuron’s standard operating procedures. This role may also have the opportunity to streamline warehouse and repair processes and spearhead the growth of Neuron by proactively contributing to other initiatives in Australia and elsewhere.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and execute Neuron’s Workshop Management strategy in Busselton.
- Assist on out in the field working with the operations team to manage the fleet on the street.
- Ensure the workshop team performs quality control and basic maintenance on e-scooters and e-bikes.
- Ensure that the workshop team adheres to Standard Operating Procedures and Workplace Health & Safety Procedures.
- Perform basic administrative tasks, such as shift scheduling and staffing deployment to support our Busselton operations.
- Manage the inventory control and stocktake procedures for the Busselton warehouse, including the use of inventory management systems such as Netsuite.
- Train new e-scooter and e-bikes mechanics and conduct regular refresher training.
- Hands on assembly, repair and maintenance of e-scooters and e-bikes.
- Swap batteries and perform on the ground maintenance of e-scooters and e-bikes, ensuring our high quality control measures are met at all times.
- Train new mechanics and conduct any refresher training as necessary.
- Support Neuron’s operations in Busselton as needed, including driving a service vehicle and supporting the ground operations team.
- Represent Neuron as a positive brand ambassador.
What you'll need:
- Prior experience in warehouse/workshop operations would be advantageous, particularly in the mobility, transit or supply-chain space.
- Ability to service and repair e-scooters and e-bikes, including comfort with lifting, carrying and manoeuvring 25-35 kg as needed.
- A hands-on approach to leadership - our Workshop Supervisor will need to be comfortable “leading by example,” working alongside our mechanics.
- A process-driven mentality, with experience defining best practice warehouse procedures, especially inventory management would be highly advantageous.
- Flexible work schedule with the ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed, especially during new location launch periods.
- Excellent communication and people skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to multi-task and keep up with a dynamic, fast-paced startup in a high-growth phase with rapid changes.
- A keen curiosity to learn and initiative to find solutions and make improvements.
- An open class Driver Licence.
- You will need a suitable smartphone to perform this role (generally an Apple or Android device from 2018 or newer).
Make It Happen
We strive to deliver results with the highest impact and are committed to following through. We continuously optimise through collaboration to achieve the best collective outcomes.
We seize the initiative and are always looking for continual improvement, for ourselves, our team and the cities we serve. We relish the chance for action even if it leads us outside of our normal scope.
Trust Facts Over Opinions
Our decisions are evidence-based. We assess situations fairly, wherever possible using reason and logic rather than unverified opinions.
We ask questions, challenge assumptions, learn from mistakes and are ready to leave behind what we thought we knew.
Do More With Less
We understand that both time and resources are finite. We balance our priorities and think strategically about how we can maximise our impact and the return on investment.
If you are passionate about making a real-time impact and want the opportunity to play an instrumental part in our growth story, we want you riding for our team!