Neuron is the leading shared micromobility operator in Australia and New Zealand and the company has also expanded into the United Kingdom, South Korea and more recently Canada. We partner with cities to connect people and places in a safe, convenient and fun way. We are driven to help the world build a more prosperous and sustainable future through new ways of moving and connecting.
Neuron launched the world's first docked e-scooter in Singapore in 2016 and the first shared e-scooter programme in 2017. We develop our own industry-leading e-scooters, which are purpose built for sharing and safety. We also set the industry standard for technology that manages them. Neuron has launched an impressive range of world firsts, particularly when it comes to safety. We currently operate in nine cities across ANZ, three in the United Kingdom, two in South Korea and most recently have successfully launched in four cities in Canada.
You will be based in HQ Singapore, working in a fast-paced, exciting and highly rewarding environment that will provide plenty of opportunities for personal growth. You will be reporting to the Finance Manager and will work closely with the teams from the UK, South Korea, Canada and other upcoming new markets. You will be assisting the Finance Manager in financial operations and administration matters for the relevant markets, collaborate closely with internal and external stakeholders and execute internal projects. This role will be instrumental in Neuron’s business expansion as you will be working closely with Neuron’s central functions.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage day-to-day accounts payables operations including invoice processing, 3-way match, bank loads, payment clearing and queries relating to the payment process.
- Maintain details of accruals, and reconcile all accounts payables related accounts at each month end as per company policy
- Keep records either physically or online within and outside the accounting system
- Assist with year-end audit and tax and other regulatory compliance.
- Prepare and assist with monthly management reports and financial accounts.
- Hire, retain and provide direction & support for the AP team
- Ad hoc and special projects as required by management.
- Develop and periodically review finance & administration process, procedure and system for the efficiency of the operations.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Finance or Accounting.
- At least 5 years of relevant finance and accounting experience including some in-house with MNCs or reputable start-ups.
- Adaptable, strong willingness to learn, and detail oriented with strong work ethic and organisational skills, and ability to handle different work streams under time constraints.
- People management experience in a fast-pace, shared service/multi-country setting
- Strong grasp of processes and controls.
- Comfortable operating in a cross-functional and hyper-growth environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficiency using financial software and digital tools, NetSuite preferred.
- Excellent organisational skills and efficient management of multiple tasks and priorities.
- Agility to apply financing and accounting knowhow to a dynamic mobility start-up.
- High level of integrity takes accountability of work and good attitude over teamwork.
- Takes initiative to improve the current state of things and be adaptable to embrace new changes.
- Able to start work immediately or on short notice.
Make It Happen
Drive to deliver results with the highest impact and be committed to follow through. Continuously optimise through collaboration to achieve the best collective outcomes.
Take active steps and be the driver to improve things, for yourself, your team and the cities we serve. Relish the chance if this leads you outside your normal scope.
Trust Facts Over Opinions
Decisions should be evidence-based. Assess situations fairly, using reason and logic rather than unverified opinions wherever possible.
Ask questions, challenge assumptions, learn from mistakes and be ready to leave behind what you thought you knew before.
Do More With Less
Both time and resources are finite. Balance your priorities and think strategically about how you can maximise your impact and the return on investment of your resources.
If you are passionate about making a real-time impact and want the opportunity to play an instrumental part in our growth story, we want you riding for our team!