Neuron is the leading shared micromobility operator in Australia and New Zealand and the company has also expanded into the United Kingdom, South Korea and, most recently, Canada. We partner with cities to connect people and places in a safe, convenient and fun way. We are driven to help the world build a more prosperous and sustainable future through new ways of moving and connecting.
Neuron launched the world’s first docked e-scooter in Singapore in 2016 and the first shared e-scooter programme in 2017. We develop our own industry-leading e-scooters, which are purpose built for sharing and safety. We also set the industry standard for technology that manages them. Neuron has launched an impressive range of world firsts, particularly when it comes to safety. We currently operate in several locations across ANZ, the UK, South Korea and Canada.
Reporting to the Darwin City Manager, our Operations Manager will oversee the 360 degree operational function in Darwin through the management of Neuron’s Ground Patrollers, Drivers and Mechanics. The role would have the opportunity to spearhead the growth and proactively contribute to Darwin's success story. The ideal candidate has built and led a team before and is highly motivated to make Neuron a resounding success, both locally and in the wider Australia-New Zealand region.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead a cross-functional operations team, including supervisors and a large number of casual workers.
- Develop and implement strategic operational plans utilising equipment, manpower and other resources, inclusive of setting daily/weekly/monthly goals for the wider team.
- Train and mentor team members, conduct performance evaluations and work to facilitate individual and team development.
- Anticipate and track operational and tactical risks, provide strategic solutions and stay up-to-date on industry regulations, trends and technology.
- Handle escalations, own root cause analysis and follow-through incidents to resolution.
- Deliver a safe work environment and focus on prevention of accidents and injuries.
- As needed, assist Ground Patrollers and Drivers with the deployment, rebalancing and returning e-scooters to designated parking stations or high-demand areas.
- Ensure the Operations team adheres to standard operating procedures and that all operational, administrative and compliance functions within Neuron are met.
What You'll Need:
- Experience managing direct reports within an Operations team. Any experience or exposure to the mobility, transit, logistics or tech start-up space is highly advantageous.
- A hands-on approach to leadership - our Operations Manager will need to be comfortable managing “in the field” or in the warehouse alongside their team members from time to time.
- Flexible work schedule with the ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed, especially during new location launch periods.
- Ability to lift, carry and maneuver 25-28 kg.
- Self-starter who radiates positivity and possesses a “can-do” attitude
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a complex operational environment.
- Strong communication and organisational skills.
- Passionate about delivering a seamless customer experience.
Make It Happen
Drive to deliver results with the highest impact and be committed to follow through. Continuously optimise through collaboration to achieve the best collective outcomes.
Take active steps and be the driver to improve things, for yourself, your team and the cities we serve. Relish the chance if this leads you outside your normal scope.
Trust Facts Over Opinion
Decisions should be evidence-based. Assess situations fairly, using reason and logic rather than unverified opinions wherever possible.
We embrace the habit of asking questions, challenging assumptions, and revisiting convictions.
Do More With Less
Ask questions, challenge assumptions, learn from mistakes and be ready to leave behind what you thought you knew before.
If you are passionate about making a real-time impact and want the opportunity to play an instrumental part in our growth story, we want you riding for our team!
Neuron Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to making all employment decisions including recruitment, appointment and promotion decisions on the basis of business needs, individual qualifications, and merit.
The company prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are dedicated to the continued personal and professional growth of our employees. We protect all of our employees regardless of race, nationality, ethnicity, politics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, social origin, physical and mental disability, religion or belief, marital or domestic partnership status, family or parental status and any other status recognised and protected by the law and regulations of where we operate.