Neuron is the leading shared micromobility operator in Australia and New Zealand and the company has also expanded into the United Kingdom and more recently Korea. We partner with cities to connect people and places in a safe, convenient and fun way. We are driven to help the world build a more prosperous and sustainable future through new ways of moving and connecting.
Neuron launched the world’s first docked e-scooter in Singapore in 2016, and the first shared e-scooter programme in 2017. We develop our own industry-leading e-scooters, which are purpose built for sharing and safety. We also set the industry standard for technology that manages them. Neuron has launched an impressive range of world firsts, particularly when it comes to safety. We currently operate in twelve locations across the ANZ, three in the United Kingdom and recently launched in Seoul, Korea.
You will report to the Head of Product and will be the product owner who designs the end-to-end user experience of riding Neuron’s next generation micromobility vehicles and adjacent hardware products. You will work cross functionally with engineering, product, supply teams to drive the product strategy and lead these teams to design and ship the overall experience. You will be at the forefront of new technologies and innovation, keeping abreast of latest developments in the micromobility space.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead product strategy and market research to determine product concepts and capabilities.
- Own the product roadmap and drive product trade-offs and prioritization from concept/feasibility to final adjustments and launch.
- Drive collecting and translating of product requirements from users, operations and city teams into functional, clear specifications for the design and engineering teams.
- Collaborate with engineering, product, supply, and city teams on the execution of product development, monitoring the entire process and seeing it to fruition.
What You'll Need:
- Education background in Mechatronics, with a focus on electronics.
- Proven track record in product management from concept to realization.
- Experience in the full lifecycle of vehicle development or relevant Hardware and Software integration projects. Experience in mobility devices is a plus.
- Experience in leading cross-functional hardware and software teams - engineering, user research, marketing teams, etc.
- Expert experience in translating user, market, operational and technology needs into functional briefs for engineering teams.
- Must be well organized and able to work effectively under time pressure.
- Strong ability to prioritize, make decisions on conflicting requirements, complex edge cases, and unexpected challenges.
- Must be able to communicate and establish trust with stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds.
- Communication in both English and Chinese strongly preferred.
- Ability to incorporate sustainable thinking into problem-solving. Sustainability is a key value for the company and will be a strong driver for the requirements.
Make It Happen
Drive to deliver results with the highest impact and be committed to follow through. Continuously optimise through collaboration to achieve the best collective outcomes.
Take active steps and be the driver to improve things, for yourself, your team and the cities we serve. Relish the chance if this leads you outside your normal scope.
Trust Facts Over Opinions
Decisions should be evidence-based. Assess situations fairly, using reason and logic rather than unverified opinions wherever possible.
Ask questions, challenge assumptions, learn from mistakes and be ready to leave behind what you thought you knew before.
Do More With Less
Both time and resources are finite. Balance your priorities and think strategically about how you can maximise your impact and the return on investment of your resources.
If you are passionate about making a real-time impact and want the opportunity to play an instrumental part in our growth story, we want you riding for our team!