Neuron is the leading shared micromobility operator in Australia and New Zealand and the company has also expanded into the United Kingdom and more recently Korea. We partner with cities to connect people and places in a safe, convenient and fun way. We are driven to help the world build a more prosperous and sustainable future through new ways of moving and connecting.
Neuron launched the world’s first docked e-scooter in Singapore in 2016 and the first shared e-scooter programme in 2017. We develop our own industry-leading e-scooters, which are purpose built for sharing and safety. We also set the industry standard for technology that manages them. Neuron has launched an impressive range of world firsts, particularly when it comes to safety. We currently operate in 8 cities across ANZ, three in the United Kingdom and recently launched in South Korea.
Reporting to the Darwin City Manager, the Operations Associate is a core member of our local operations team, directly supporting weekly operations planning and execution with a hands-on focus on ensuring operations in the city are running safely and effectively.
What You'll Do:
- Support weekly execution of local ground operations, including deployment, battery swapping and other ad hoc operations tasks.
- Ensure ongoing operational optimisation, maximising the usage on our e-scooters whilst managing operational costs.
- Train and mentor new and existing field staff members (Drivers and Ground Patrollers) in order to help build an effective local ground operations team.
- Handle customer service escalations, own root cause analysis and follow-through incidents to resolution.
- As needed, assist Ground Patrollers and Drivers with deployment, rebalancing and returning e-scooters to designated parking stations or high-demand areas.
- Ensure the Operations team adheres to standard operating procedures and that all operational, administrative and compliance functions within Neuron are met and conducted in a safe manner.
What You'll Need:
- 1 to 3 years of proven work experience in the mobility, transit, logistics or tech start-up space.
- Data-driven mindset - some prior experience running and interpreting reports would be highly advantageous.
- Self-starter who radiates positivity and possesses a "can-do" attitude
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a complex operational environment.
- Strong communication and organisational skills.
- Passionate about delivering a seamless customer experience.
- A hands-on approach to leadership - our Operations Specialist will need to be comfortable managing "in the field" alongside their team members from time to time.
- Flexible work schedule with the ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed, especially during new location launch periods.
- Ability to lift, carry and maneuver 25-28 kg.
Make It Happen
Drive to deliver results with the highest impact and be committed to follow through. Continuously optimise through collaboration to achieve the best collective outcomes.
Take active steps and be the driver to improve things, for yourself, your team and the cities we serve. Relish the chance if this leads you outside your normal scope.
Trust Facts Over Opinion
Decisions should be evidence-based. Assess situations fairly, using reason and logic rather than unverified opinions wherever possible.
We embrace the habit of asking questions, challenging assumptions, and revisiting convictions.
Do More With Less
Ask questions, challenge assumptions, learn from mistakes and be ready to leave behind what you thought you knew before.
If you are passionate about making a real-time impact and want the opportunity to play an instrumental part in our growth story, we want you riding for our team!
Neuron Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to making all employment decisions including recruitment, appointment and promotion decisions on the basis of business needs, individual qualifications, and merit.
The company prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are dedicated to the continued personal and professional growth of our employees. We protect all of our employees regardless of race, nationality, ethnicity, politics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, social origin, physical and mental disability, religion or belief, marital or domestic partnership status, family or parental status and any other status recognised and protected by the law and regulations of where we operate.