Neuron is the leading shared micromobility operator in Australia and New Zealand and the company has also expanded into the United Kingdom and more recently Korea. We partner with cities to connect people and places in a safe, convenient and fun way. We are driven to help the world build a more prosperous and sustainable future through new ways of moving and connecting.
Neuron launched the world’s first docked e-scooter in Singapore in 2016 and the first shared e-scooter programme in 2017. We develop our own industry-leading e-scooters, which are purpose built for sharing and safety. We also set the industry standard for technology that manages them. Neuron has launched an impressive range of world firsts, particularly when it comes to safety. We currently operate in twelve locations across the ANZ, three in the United Kingdom and recently launched in Seoul, Korea.
Reporting into the group Head of Finance in Singapore, the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Manager will be a key member of our Finance team and will partner with cross functional teams at all levels. The geographical scope is global and covers Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, China, South Korea, United Kingdom, Canada and potentially more countries in the near future.
What You’ll Do:
- Establish and lead the management reporting activity of Neuron Group.
- Provide reporting and consolidation of financials (P&L, WC, cash) and operational KPIs at Group, region and city level.
- Conduct analyses to monitor how budget and/or forecast compares against real performance and results, interpreting analysis findings for the business, and proposing recommendations for improvements.
- Identify and communicate any financial risks and opportunities.
- Generate financial review decks for management discussions.
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Lead the financial planning activity of Neuron Group, including long term planning, budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Work to develop a financial plan to support Neuron’s strategic vision and long term business objectives, assuming front-to-end responsibility for budgeting.
- Establish and track department budgets.
- Work with the Head of Finance, HQ senior management and Regional Managers on ad hoc topics / analyses to grow the business.
- Understand revenue and cost drivers, proactively suggest areas of improvement and help to execute and track progress.
- Work with the finance and accounting team to improve financial processes where necessary.
What You'll Need:
- Qualified Accountant, ACCA, CPA or CFA
- At least 10 years of professional experience in FP&A domain, preferably with a few years in Big-4 and/or reputable startups
- Experience working with multiple subsidiaries across the globe
- Good business partnering skills working with various people across the region both internally as well as externally
- Willingness to create functional and scalable systems, and demonstrates resilience in dynamic situations.
- Ability to handle ambiguity and adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced high-growth environment.
- Strong work ethic with an attention to detail
- A driven team player who likes to work hard, but is also able to have fun.
Make It Happen
Drive to deliver results with the highest impact and be committed to follow through. Continuously optimise through collaboration to achieve the best collective outcomes.
Take active steps and be the driver to improve things, for yourself, your team and the cities we serve. Relish the chance if this leads you outside your normal scope.
Trust Facts Over Opinions
Decisions should be evidence-based. Assess situations fairly, using reason and logic rather than unverified opinions wherever possible.
Ask questions, challenge assumptions, learn from mistakes and be ready to leave behind what you thought you knew before.
Do More With Less
Both time and resources are finite. Balance your priorities and think strategically about how you can maximise your impact and the return on investment of your resources.
If you are passionate about making a real-time impact and want the opportunity to play an instrumental part in our growth story, we want you riding for our team!