Neuron is the leading shared micromobility operator in Australia and New Zealand and the company has also expanded into the United Kingdom and more recently Korea. We partner with cities to connect people and places in a safe, convenient and fun way. We are driven to help the world build a more prosperous and sustainable future through new ways of moving and connecting.
Neuron launched the world’s first docked e-scooter in Singapore in 2016 and the first shared e-scooter programme in 2017. We develop our own industry-leading e-scooters, which are purpose built for sharing and safety. We also set the industry standard for technology that manages them. Neuron has launched an impressive range of world firsts, particularly when it comes to safety. We currently operate in twelve locations across the ANZ, three in the United Kingdom and recently launched in Seoul, Korea.
Reporting into the group Head of Finance in Singapore, the Financial Controller will be leading the controllership function and will be a senior member of our Finance team.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the controllership function which covers accounting, cash management, tax and internal controls.
- Oversee all our existing locations in Australia, New Zealand, China, Singapore, United Kingdom, South Korea; and future countries.
- Ensure proper transactions and bookkeeping, oversee and sign off production of financial statements.
- Drive closing process, provide comments for P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash.
- Provide support and advice to the local finance teams in order to meet the local and group reporting requirements.
- Ensure full compliance with tax, financial, accounting and audit requirements across the globe.
- Manage transfer pricing, FX and cash management and consolidation.
- Propose cash optimizations, manage banking relationships.
- Manage relationships with external auditors.
- Conduct tax planning and propose optimizations.
- Oversee and pursue company grants.
- Support creation of new entities.
- Champion and synchronise best practices across our subsidiaries across the globe, work with all the different teams to review, improve and tighten internal controls, financial & business processes.
- Monitor business control effectiveness and develop/execute plans to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Drive implementation of improvements and automations in terms of business processes and systems including ERP (Netsuite).
- Establish company financial procedures and policies.
- Identify, evaluate and manage risks in all cities of operations.
- Oversee external audit processes globally.
- Lead a team of accounting managers and accountants in multi-countries.
- Mentor, hire, train the team and manage performance & succession planning.
What You'll Need:
- Qualified Accountant, ACCA, CPA or CFA
- At least 12 years of professional experience in finance and accounting domain, preferably with a few years in Big-4 and/or reputable startups
- Experience managing multiple subsidiaries across the globe
- Strong experience in process and system improvements
- Hands-on, meticulous leadership skills with the ability to lead, mentor and manage a growing finance team (including remote team)
- Good business partnering skills working with various people across the region both internally as well as externally
- Willingness to create functional and scalable systems, and demonstrates resilience in dynamic situations.
- Fluency in Mandarin is highly preferred in order to manage the business operations and liaise with the team in China
- Ability to handle ambiguity and adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced high-growth environment.
- Strong work ethic with an attention to detail
- A driven team player who likes to work hard, but is also able to have fun.
Make It Happen
We are driven by results, make commitments with integrity, and consistently make an impact.
We take ownership of tasks that help us build sustainable growth.
Trust Facts Over Opinions
Whenever possible, we make the logical choice based on data and known truths.
We embrace the habit of asking questions, challenging assumptions, and revisiting convictions.
Do More With Less
Profit allows us to continue serving our users. We must be efficient and resourceful.
If you are passionate about making a real-time impact and want the opportunity to play an instrumental part in our growth story, we want you riding for our team!