Neuron is the leading shared micromobility operator in Australia and New Zealand and the company has also expanded into the United Kingdom and more recently Korea. We partner with cities to connect people and places in a safe, convenient and fun way. We are driven to help the world build a more prosperous and sustainable future through new ways of moving and connecting.
Neuron launched the world’s first docked e-scooter in Singapore in 2016 and the first shared e-scooter programme in 2017. We develop our own industry-leading e-scooters, which are purpose built for sharing and safety. We also set the industry standard for technology that manages them. Neuron has launched an impressive range of world firsts, particularly when it comes to safety. We currently operate in twelve locations across the ANZ, three in the United Kingdom and recently launched in Seoul, Korea.
Reporting to our Regional HR Manager in Singapore, the Payroll Officer will manage the full payroll cycle (including wage/salary disbursements, superannuation, overpayment recovery, payroll tax, leave management) for our permanent and casual staff members working in 8 different cities (and growing!) across Australia and New Zealand.
What You’ll Do
- Process and manage fortnightly and monthly payroll for our casual team members (50+) and permanent employees (40+) for our operations across VIC (Melbourne), QLD (Brisbane, Townsville & Bundaberg), ACT (Canberra), SA (Adelaide), NT (Darwin) and NZ (Auckland & Dunedin).
- Ensure compliance with the relevant Awards and Agreements.
- Assist with the payroll set up of new ANZ locations and continuously manage payroll operations for those sites once launched.
- Manage new staff onboarding and offboarding, ensuring a positive experience for all team members.
- Maintain accurate employee information, including employee records, superannuation and leave.
- Oversee the day-to-day office operational needs for the Melbourne office and wider ANZ market where needed.
- Participate in ad-hoc payroll and/or HR-related projects as needed.
What You'll Need
- 2-5 years of multisite payroll processing experience required, preferably for both casual and permanent employees.
- Knowledge of employment ANZ employment law, particularly surrounding payroll management.
- Exposure to Xero and/or Tanda would be advantageous.
- Some exposure to basic HR administrative work, such as leave tracking, employee records maintenance and new employee onboarding, is preferred.
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organisational skills.
- Ability to multitask, be agile and keep up with high-growth start-up.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Make It Happen
Drive to deliver results with the highest impact and be committed to follow through. Continuously optimise through collaboration to achieve the best collective outcomes.
Take active steps and be the driver to improve things, for yourself, your team and the cities we serve. Relish the chance if this leads you outside your normal scope.
Trust Facts Over Opinion
Decisions should be evidence-based. Assess situations fairly, using reason and logic rather than unverified opinions wherever possible.
We embrace the habit of asking questions, challenging assumptions, and revisiting convictions.
Do More With Less
Ask questions, challenge assumptions, learn from mistakes and be ready to leave behind what you thought you knew before.
If you are passionate about making a real-time impact and want the opportunity to play an instrumental part in our growth story, we want you riding for our team!