Neuron is the fastest growing micromobility operator in Asia Pacific and the leading shared e-scooter company across Australia and New Zealand. We partner with cities to connect people and places in a safe, convenient and fun way. We are driven to help the world build a more prosperous and sustainable future through new ways of moving and connecting.
Neuron has launched an impressive range of firsts, starting the world’s first scooter sharing platform in Singapore in 2016. We develop our own industry-leading e-scooters, which are purpose built for sharing and safety. We also set the industry standard for technology that manages them.
Our e-scooters currently operate in six cities across the ANZ market and we have exciting, big plans to expand into South Korea soon. Outside of the Pacific region, we have also recently launched our first city in the UK and are continuously looking at other expansion opportunities around the world.
Reporting to the COO in Singapore with a dotted line to the CEO, you would have the opportunity to be a critical member of the key HQ team and be involved in strategic financial decisions.
What You’ll Do:
Financial Reporting Management
- Lead preparation of consolidated financial and investors reports, reviewing and providing insightful analysis relating to key business decisions and performance.
- Support annual strategic planning and forecasting processes including setting operational & financial targets
- Lead regional finance efforts across Australia, New Zealand, China, Singapore, United Kingdom and South Korea to provide support and advice to the local finance teams to meet the reporting requirements.
- Present financial reports and analysis to senior internal and external stakeholders
Compliance & Financial Control
- Ensure full compliance with tax, financial, accounting and audit requirements across the globe
- Managing multiple subsidiaries internationally including but not limited to transfer pricing, treasury, supply chain and vendor management, FX and cash management and consolidation
- Champion and synchronize best practices across our subsidiaries across the globe. Work with the management team to review, improve and tighten internal controls and processes.
- Monitor business control effectiveness and develop/execute plans to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Ability to identify, evaluate and manage risks all cities of operations
- Oversee audit processes globally
What You'll Need:
- Qualified Accountant, ACCA, CPA or CFA with at least 10 years of professional experience in finance and accounting domain, preferably with a few years in Big-4 and/or reputable startups
- Experience managing multiple subsidiaries across the globe
- Hands-on meticulous leader who is able to lead, mentor and manage a growing finance team (including remote team)
- Good business partnering skills working with various people across the region both internally as well as externally
- Willingness to create functional and scalable systems, and demonstrates resilience in dynamic situations.
- Fluency in Mandarin is highly preferred in order to manage the business operations and liaise with the team in China
- Able to handle ambiguity and adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced high-growth environment.
- Strong work ethic with an attention to detail
- A driven team player who likes to work hard, but is also able to have fun.
Make It Happen
We are driven by results, make commitments with integrity, and consistently make an impact.
We take ownership of tasks that help us build sustainable growth.
Trust Facts Over Opinions
Whenever possible, we make the logical choice based on data and known truths.
We embrace the habit of asking questions, challenging assumptions, and revisiting convictions.
Do More With Less
Profit allows us to continue serving our users. We must be efficient and resourceful.
If you are passionate about making a real-time impact and want the opportunity to play an instrumental part in our growth story, we want you riding for our team!