Neuron is the fastest growing micromobility operator in Asia Pacific and the leading shared e-scooter company across Australia and New Zealand. We partner with cities to connect people and places in a safe, convenient and fun way. We are driven to help the world build a more prosperous and sustainable future through new ways of moving and connecting.
Neuron has launched an impressive range of firsts, starting the world’s first scooter sharing platform in Singapore in 2016. We develop our own industry-leading e-scooters, which are purpose built for sharing and safety. We also set the industry standard for technology that manages them.
Our e-scooters currently operate in six cities across the ANZ market and we have exciting, big plans to expand into South Korea soon. Outside of the Pacific region, we have also recently launched our first city in the UK and are continuously looking at other expansion opportunities around the world.
You will report to the Head of Finance in HQ and will manage financial operations and administration matters for the Korea market, collaborate closely with internal and external stakeholders and lead and execute internal projects.
What you'll do:
- Manage day-to-day financial operations including banking, receivables, payables, claims, taxation and regulatory reporting
- Liaise with external vendors like bankers, corporate secretary, tax agents, auditors, government officials (if any), etc.
- Handle a full set of accounts and month end closing independently on accounting platform
- Manage Korea year-end audit and regulatory compliance
- Prepare and maintain monthly management reports and financial accounts
- Perform month-end reconciliation and analysis, including but not limited to fixed assets and bank statements
- Present monthly performance review (P&L, BS, etc) to HQ Finance
- Support various administrative activities for the Korea team
- Develop and periodically review finance & administration process, procedure and system for the efficiency of the operations
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders on finance & administrative processes
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Finance or Accounting, CPA or CA highly preferred
- 3-5 years finance and accounting experience including some in-house with MNCs or reputable start-ups
- Proficient in Korean and English, to be able to liaise with English speaking associates and stakeholders on performing accounting functions
- Adaptable, strong willingness to learn, and detail oriented with strong work ethic and organisational skills, and ability to handle different work streams under time constraints.
- Comfortable operating in a cross-functional and hyper-growth environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Agility to apply financing and accounting knowhow to a dynamic mobility start-up
- Able to start work immediately
Make It Happen
We are driven by results, make commitments with integrity, and consistently make an impact.
We take ownership of tasks that help us build sustainable growth.
Trust Facts Over Opinions
Whenever possible, we make the logical choice based on data and known truths.
We embrace the habit of asking questions, challenging assumptions, and revisiting convictions.
Do More With Less
Profit allows us to continue serving our users. We must be efficient and resourceful.
If you are passionate about making a real-time impact and want the opportunity to play an instrumental part in our growth story, we want you riding for our team!