Neuron is the fastest growing micromobility operator in Asia Pacific and the leading shared e-scooter company across Australia and New Zealand. We partner with cities to connect people and places in a safe, convenient and fun way. We are driven to help the world build a more prosperous and sustainable future through new ways of moving and connecting.
Neuron has launched an impressive range of firsts, starting the world’s first scooter sharing platform in Singapore in 2016. We develop our own industry-leading e-scooters, which are purpose built for sharing and safety. We also set the industry standard for technology that manages them.
Our e-scooters currently operate in six cities in the ANZ market (including QLD, ACT, SA, NT and NZ) and have also recently launched in the UK. In December 2020, Adelaide also became one of two cities to operate Neuron's new e-bike services, which creates a unique and exciting opportunity for our Adelaide team as we pilot this programme alongside our existing fleet of e-scooters.
Reporting to our Adelaide City Manager, our Operations Manager will oversee the 360 degree operational function in Adelaide through the management of Neuron’s Ground Patrollers, Drivers and Mechanics. The role would have the opportunity to spearhead the growth and proactively contribute to Adelaide's success story. The ideal candidate has built and led a team before and is highly motivated to make Neuron a resounding success, both locally and in the wider Australia-New Zealand region.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead a cross-functional operations team, including supervisors and a large number of casual workers.
- Develop and implement strategic operational plans utilising equipment, manpower and other resources, inclusive of setting daily/weekly/monthly goals for the wider team.
- Train and mentor team members, conduct performance evaluations and work to facilitate individual and team development.
- Anticipate and track operational and tactical risks, provide strategic solutions and stay up-to-date on industry regulations, trends and technology.
- Handle escalations, own root cause analysis and follow-through incidents to resolution.
- Deliver a safe work environment and focus on prevention of accidents and injuries.
- As needed, assist Ground Patrollers and Drivers with the deployment, rebalancing and returning e-scooters to designated parking stations or high-demand areas.
- Ensure the Operations team adheres to standard operating procedures and that all operational, administrative and compliance functions within Neuron are met.
What You'll Need:
- Experience managing direct reports within an Operations team. Any experience or exposure to the mobility, transit, logistics or tech start-up space is highly advantageous.
- A hands-on approach to leadership - our Operations Manager will need to be comfortable managing “in the field” or in the warehouse alongside their team members from time to time.
- Flexible work schedule with the ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed, especially during new location launch periods.
- Ability to lift, carry and maneuver 25-28 kg.
- Self-starter who radiates positivity and possesses a “can-do” attitude
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a complex operational environment.
- Strong communication and organisational skills.
- Passionate about delivering a seamless customer experience.
Make It Happen
We are driven by results, make commitments with integrity, and consistently make an impact.
We take ownership of tasks that help us build sustainable growth.
Trust Facts Over Opinions
Whenever possible, we make the logical choice based on data and known truths.
We embrace the habit of asking questions, challenging assumptions, and revisiting convictions.
Do More With Less
Profit allows us to continue serving our users. We must be efficient and resourceful.
If you are passionate about making a real-time impact and want the opportunity to play an instrumental part in our growth story, we want you riding for our team!