Neuron is the fastest growing micromobility operator in Asia Pacific and the leading shared e-scooter company across Australia and New Zealand. We partner with cities to connect people and places in a safe, convenient and fun way. We are driven to help the world build a more prosperous and sustainable future through new ways of moving and connecting.
Neuron has launched an impressive range of firsts, starting the world’s first scooter sharing platform in Singapore in 2016. We develop our own industry-leading e-scooters, which are purpose built for sharing and safety. We also set the industry standard for technology that manages them.
Our e-scooters currently operate in six cities across the ANZ market (including Auckland, Brisbane, Canberra, Adelaide, Darwin and Townsville) and we have exciting, big plans to expand further into NZ with the launch of Dunedin soon. Outside of ANZ, we have also recently launched our first city in the UK and are continuously looking at other expansion opportunities around the world.
Reporting to our Regional Manager for New Zealand, our Auckland City Manager would have the opportunity to spearhead the growth and proactively contribute to Auckland’s success story. Our City Manager is responsible for being the primary voice and ambassador of Neuron in Auckland. You will raise the opportunities and concerns of the market and set the priorities that will continue to grow Neuron across the city. The role demands principled thinking and a deep understanding of Auckland's mobility needs and user behaviour. The ideal candidate has built and led a team before and is highly motivated to make Neuron a resounding success, both locally and nationally.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and execute Neuron’s growth and operational strategy locally.
- Maintain the continued growth of Neuron in Auckland by leading the business strategy
- Lead the Auckland Operations team on all fronts.
- Maintain and expand relationships with local partners, city council, policy makers and other key players in Auckland’s transit system.
- Participate in events and talks to share our mission locally.
What you'll need:
- Relevant experience: Previous experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and data driven environment.
- Passion: We are ecosystem engineers and are looking for leaders with a passion for mobility, sustainability and smart city initiatives.
- Problem solving skills: Exceptional problem solver who has owned projects from start to finish.
- Pragmatism and resourcefulness: We are a startup, which means we need to stay nimble and prioritise to get from where we are now to where we need to be.
- Integrity: We look for people who put our team members and users first and do the right thing… always.
- Team player: Ability to influence and develop strong cross-functional working relationships.
- Attitude: Self-starter who radiates positivity and possesses a “can-do” view towards any challenge.
Make It Happen
We are driven by results, make commitments with integrity, and consistently make an impact.
We take ownership of tasks that help us build sustainable growth.
Trust Facts Over Opinions
Whenever possible, we make the logical choice based on data and known truths.
We embrace the habit of asking questions, challenging assumptions, and revisiting convictions.
Do More With Less
Profit allows us to continue serving our users. We must be efficient and resourceful.
If you are passionate about making a real-time impact and want the opportunity to play an instrumental part in our growth story, we want you riding for our team!