Neuron is the fastest growing micromobility operator in Asia Pacific and the leading shared e-scooter company across Australia and New Zealand. We partner with cities to connect people and places in a safe, convenient and fun way. We are driven to help the world build a more prosperous and sustainable future through new ways of moving and connecting.
Neuron has launched an impressive range of firsts, starting the world’s first scooter sharing platform in Singapore in 2016. We develop our own industry-leading e-scooters, which are purpose built for sharing and safety. We also set the industry standard for technology that manages them.
Our e-scooters currently operate in six cities across the ANZ market (including QLD, ACT, SA, NT and NZ) and we have exciting plans to expand into Dunedin soon. Outside of ANZ, we have also recently launched our first city in the UK and are continuously looking at other expansion opportunities around the world.
Reporting to our New Zealand Regional Manager, the Operations Manager would have the opportunity to spearhead the growth and proactively contribute to Neuron’s success story in Dunedin. The Operations Manager will oversee the 360 degree operational function in Dunedin through the management of Neuron’s Ground Patrollers, Drivers and warehouse Mechanics. The ideal candidate has built and led a team before and is highly motivated to make Neuron a resounding success, both locally and nationally.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform basic administrative tasks, such as shift scheduling, rostering and manpower deployment planning.
- Create daily goals and strategies for the Operations team to follow.
- Spend time on the streets of Dunedin as needed, helping the Ground Patrollers and Drivers deploy, rebalance and return e-scooters to designated parking stations.
- Ensure the timely deployment of mobility devices at designated stations to support consumer demand and retrieval of assigned e-scooters from consolidation areas.
- See that the Warehouse team performs quality control and basic maintenance on the scooters.
- Train new Operations staff members and conduct any refresher training as needed.
- Ensure the Operations team adheres to Neuron’s Standard Operating Procedures.
What You'll Need:
- Experience managing direct reports within an Operations team. Any experience or exposure to the mobility, transit, logistics or tech start-up space is highly advantageous.
- A hands-on approach to leadership - our Operations Manager will need to be comfortable managing “in the field” alongside their team members from time to time.
- Flexible work schedule with the ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed, especially during new location launch periods.
- Ability to lift, carry and maneuver 25-28 kg.
- Self-starter who radiates positivity and possesses a “can-do” attitude
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a complex operational environment.
- Strong communication and organisational skills.
- Passionate about delivering a seamless customer experience.
Make It Happen
We are driven by results, make commitments with integrity, and consistently make an impact.
We take ownership of tasks that help us build sustainable growth.
Trust Facts Over Opinions
Whenever possible, we make the logical choice based on data and known truths.
We embrace the habit of asking questions, challenging assumptions, and revisiting convictions.
Do More With Less
Profit allows us to continue serving our users. We must be efficient and resourceful.
If you are passionate about making a real-time impact and want the opportunity to play an instrumental part in our growth story, we want you riding for our team!